Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

where does the application go??

where does the application go??

Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:09 pm
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of
Default where does the application go??

This may seem like a silly question, but I have tried to confirm this over the past few weeks , thought I had found the answer and today Im back to an unanswered question....I am sponsoring my husband (family class, )and we had been told by the Doctors office doing his medical to take all of the application forms to them and they forward them on once the chest x-ray comes back...well todays was Tonys medical, and we still have the papers to send on!!! now I think they should go directly to the processing office in Missisagua, but Tony thinks they should go up to the H.C in London as thats where the Doctor said he was sending the medical results, anyone already done this? we paid our fees on line to Missisagua....I cant belive somthing so simple has stumped us so soon!!!
cheers
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where does the application go??

Originally Posted by Happydayz
This may seem like a silly question, but I have tried to confirm this over the past few weeks , thought I had found the answer and today Im back to an unanswered question....I am sponsoring my husband (family class, )and we had been told by the Doctors office doing his medical to take all of the application forms to them and they forward them on once the chest x-ray comes back...well todays was Tonys medical, and we still have the papers to send on!!! now I think they should go directly to the processing office in Missisagua, but Tony thinks they should go up to the H.C in London as thats where the Doctor said he was sending the medical results, anyone already done this? we paid our fees on line to Missisagua....I cant belive somthing so simple has stumped us so soon!!!
cheers
Your DMP is going to submit your entire application for you? I'd want to do that myself...have you ever had to decipher doctors' handwriting?!

Your application forms and supporting documents should go to Mississauga. I assume the DMP sends his/her medical info to London but I could be wrong on that. They will know what to do with their bit, I wouldn't worry about that part of things.

Best of luck,

Biiiiink
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:22 pm
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: where does the application go??

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Your DMP is going to submit your entire application for you? I'd want to do that myself...have you ever had to decipher doctors' handwriting?!

Your application forms and supporting documents should go to Mississauga. I assume the DMP sends his/her medical info to London but I could be wrong on that. They will know what to do with their bit, I wouldn't worry about that part of things.

Best of luck,

Biiiiink
thanks for your confirmation, I knew i had read it right!!!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:24 pm
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough

All family class applications are sent to Mississauga who then give sponsorship approval. This process takes about a month or so and then the Mississauga office will onsend the application to the relevant visa post to process the application (in your case London). Mississauga will send the sponsor a 'sponsorship approval' letter and will advise them that the application has been forwarded to the relevant visa office for processing.

It is my understanding that all medicals are sent by your DMP (designated medical practitioner) to Ottawa. Medical Officers at the Ottawa office assess the medicals and then forward the results to the visa post (London in your case). This can take a few months.

After the medical, the applicant is given the Medical Receipt - Section A. This should be included in your application to be sent to Mississauga as proof that you did the medicals. Keep photocopies of everything.

Hope this helps,

Ozinca
Old Apr 9th 2005, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

yorkiebar99 is on a distinguished road

I am certain that the doctor sent my husbands results back. I assumed they were sent to london. You are replying from the UK?

Originally Posted by Happydayz
cheers