WALES
1.59%
SCOTLAND
9.52%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

where do you live?

Old Dec 11th 2006, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where do you live?

Originally Posted by flashman
And then it's time to go underground .
When January comes around and it hits twenty below celcius I am always happy that we have an extensive underground city right downtown.

Even when I was much much younger, circa 1967, I used to live a block from the Laurier metro on Rivard street. I wouldn't bother to dress warm, but simply hopped into the metro, did all my shopping including groceries.

What other major North American city can offer that?
Old Dec 11th 2006, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montreal mike
When January comes around and it hits twenty below celcius I am always happy that we have an extensive underground city right downtown.

Even when I was much much younger, circa 1967, I used to live a block from the Laurier metro on Rivard street. I wouldn't bother to dress warm, but simply hopped into the metro, did all my shopping including groceries.

Plus girl watching all year round !
Old Dec 11th 2006, 6:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Toronto.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Toronto.
Yes, I had thought of that but generally it is not that beastly cold there in January and February.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

TheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to behold

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/h...s_abroad/html/

according to this report there are 603 000 brits living in Canada.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TheVickers

and double that down under where they have a lively thread going

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=412959&pp=40
Old Dec 12th 2006, 12:18 am
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheVickers

Isn't that like a 10th of the population of Canada or something? Thought there were only a couple million Canadians, but may be quoting a statistic from my high school days

Old textbooks, not very reliable stats sadly
Old Dec 12th 2006, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Daedra
Isn't that like a 10th of the population of Canada or something? Thought there were only a couple million Canadians, but may be quoting a statistic from my high school days

Old textbooks, not very reliable stats sadly
I think we are now at close to 35 million. This would mean less than two percent Brit content.

I read on the Aussie forum that every 15th Aussie is a brit or 6.5 percent of their population.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:39 am
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

I think we are now at close to 35 million. This would mean less than two percent Brit content.

I read on the Aussie forum that every 15th Aussie is a brit or 6.5 percent of their population.
Its the sun/heat drawing them there? Given the choice between shovelling the white stuff for 6 months of the year, or slapping on lotion and heading the the beach, most would pick that I would think.
Heck I would too... except that I'm very sensitive to the sun and just burn/peel/burn in an endless cycle, experience heat exhaustion faster then most which takes the appeal out of hot dessert enviroments for me
Old Dec 12th 2006, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Its the sun/heat drawing them there? Given the choice between shovelling the white stuff for 6 months of the year, or slapping on lotion and heading the the beach, most would pick that I would think.
Heck I would too... except that I'm very sensitive to the sun and just burn/peel/burn in an endless cycle, experience heat exhaustion faster then most which takes the appeal out of hot dessert enviroments for me

It's simple really, Sunburn or frostbite, which do you prefer?
Old Dec 12th 2006, 9:20 am
Senile Member

Originally Posted by printer
It's simple really, Sunburn or frostbite, which do you prefer?
Frostbite please!!

My philosophy, you can always put on more clothes to keep you warm, there's only so many clothes you can take off to cool you down! (plus I wouldnt want to frighten everyone!)

Last edited by Daedra; Dec 12th 2006 at 9:24 am.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

TheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to behold

Frostbite please!!

My philosophy, you can always put on more clothes to keep you warm, there's only so many clothes you can take off to cool you down! (plus I wouldnt want to frighten everyone!)

me too, give me the cold any day! I spent 18 years burning and peeling when I lived in South Africa! I love the winter, as the layers of clothes hide a multitude of sins!!!