Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where in Calgary can I watch UK football with a baby.

Where in Calgary can I watch UK football with a baby.

Old Oct 6th 2008, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

chinook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where in Calgary can I watch UK football with a baby.

I am trying to share the baby routine with my wife and give her a break by taking the baby out for a few hours at a time, I am a modern man and do all the feeding and changing bit too.

I realise the time differeance with UK matches makes it an early start, so it could be hard to do but this Saturday England play and I want to watch it if I can.

Past post suggest I think it is The Ship on 17th Ave, great but like everywhere else I bet I cant take the little one in. She is 9 weeks old so wont be running about etc.

Any ideas to where I should go.

Many thanks.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

alex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nice
Default Re: Where in Calgary can I watch UK football with a baby.

Been occasionally to the Drum and Monkey to watch Rangers games with my son (15) My mate attends with his kids too (youngest 8) Its shows Rangers games mainly as its an official meeting place for Rangers fans. EPL games are on other screens though. Most games are out with licensing hrs so maybe that makes the difference.

Recently when having satellite problems there was talk about transferring to the Ship and anchor
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

chinook is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Alex, Where is the Drum and Monkey?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 1:35 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Drum and Monkey
1201 1st St SW
Calgary, AB
T2R 0V3
Canada

(403) 261-6674
[email protected]

Corner of 1st St SW and 13th Ave SW, Calgary.

Try some of these too -
http://www.soccerbars.com/modules/so...a&town=Calgary
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:11 pm
Wanna-be Canadian

loser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant future

Did you know you can get all UK terrestial TV and all Sky channels uploaded via broadband LIVE to Canada, or any other country for that matter, directly to your TV or/and PC from these people - http://www.uktv2c.com/channelguide.htm .

It's pricey but may be worth considering.

It's legal BTW.

...and you'll still need to buy a UK TV License to watch this content outside of the UK.

M.

Last edited by loser40; Oct 7th 2008 at 4:15 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:58 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chinook
Thanks Alex, Where is the Drum and Monkey?
i would'nt let my kids anywhere near a rangers fan in a bar......
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:32 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loser40
Did you know you can get all UK terrestial TV and all Sky channels uploaded via broadband LIVE to Canada, or any other country for that matter, directly to your TV or/and PC from these people - http://www.uktv2c.com/channelguide.htm .

It's pricey but may be worth considering.

It's legal BTW.

...and you'll still need to buy a UK TV License to watch this content outside of the UK.

M.
You mean pay the UK TV tax?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:16 pm
Wanna-be Canadian

loser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant future

CaptainHook...

Yes.

In the UK you MUST buy a TV license in order to be allowed to watch TV.

The TV license fee goes to fund the BBC.

M