Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

where in alberta?

where in alberta?

Old Nov 22nd 2008, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

ospreylia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where in alberta?

hi we are looking to emmigrate to canada particularly interested in alberta. it wont be for a couple of years yet as im a student and wanting to finish my degree first. please could anyone give me some more information or tips on which part of alberta, and tell me some more about the climate, cost of living and area? I would be looking to work in construction as a project manager my partner as a college music lecturer or ideally music composer.

thank you so much in advance.

Jo
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where in alberta?

Originally Posted by ospreylia
hi we are looking to emmigrate to canada particularly interested in alberta. it wont be for a couple of years yet as im a student and wanting to finish my degree first. please could anyone give me some more information or tips on which part of alberta, and tell me some more about the climate, cost of living and area? I would be looking to work in construction as a project manager my partner as a college music lecturer or ideally music composer.

thank you so much in advance.

Jo
North, south, east, west Alberta are likely to be suitable for you. Without futher information from you, that is all I can offer
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 7:07 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where in alberta?

Hello, Jo, and welcome to the BE forum.

I suggest you read these Wiki articles:
Edmonton is similar to Calgary. It has roughly the same population size. Being further north, it hardly feels the effects of the warm Chinook winds that break up the winter in Calgary with some regularity.

In this previous discussion thread entitled Cost of living, two Calgary area residents list their outgoings. The thread entitled info on monthly bills please also has info.

If you like larger cities, Alberta's two largest cities are Calgary and Edmonton (but each has only around 1 million people, so they're still not huge).

A smaller city that has small-ish, but well regarded, university and that I personally think is a destination very well worth looking into, is Lethbridge.
x