Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What's so great about Canada?

What's so great about Canada?

Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:27 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's so great about Canada?

Originally Posted by Howard1944
I am a little surprised that none of the Ladies have commented on the fact that the average Canadian Male tends to be slimmer, better dressed, more courteous and handsome, than their English Counterparts?

Does any one support Wolverhampton any more?

How about Millwall??
I never seen anyone more handsome than my beau while in Canada... thanks very much Howard.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:31 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

Ah Well, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Well, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
new lens prescription in order, perhaps???
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

I am a little surprised that none of the Ladies have commented on the fact that the average Canadian Male tends to be slimmer, better dressed, more courteous and handsome, than their English Counterparts?

How about Millwall??
This lady hasnt commented mainly because it isnt really true. Canadian men have a tendency to old fashioned droopy moustaches, mulletts or shaven heads, better dressed??? come on now, I like Canada very much but i cant think of an instance where better dressed applies. Courteous, well canadians are generally more courteous to strangers, so maybe they can have that one. Courteous in a redneck " you want be to boil the water so you can wash up" sort of way

Howard- what planet are you on???
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

How about Millwall??
Well. I didn't want to say it... but that's one thing that surprised me..... I didn't see many "lookers" in Montreal. Maybe I'm spoiled in Dubai with the super rich..... but the "totty quality" in Montreal was, er, not high!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:47 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

batty, if you want to catch a good looking fish, maybe you need to change the bait?

Badly Dressed, Brits, hands down, spot them anywhere, plimsoles, socks, cheap looking shorts and crummy shirts.

Women, flip flops with oversized cotton dresses with every colour that doesn't match, and Walmart Earings, whacking some kid around the head.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

batty, if you want to catch a good looking fish, maybe you need to change the bait?

Badly Dressed, Brits, hands down, spot them anywhere, plimsoles, socks, cheap looking shorts and crummy shirts.

Women, flip flops with oversized cotton dresses with every colour that doesn't match, and Walmart Earings, whacking some kid around the head.
What a strange world you live in. OH yes i forgot- its another planet
Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:13 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Tisme will become famous soon enough

What? Eh? Pardon? Sorry I think I must have heard wrong.

I think you'll find the only people wearing oversized cotton dresses and walmart earrings are the transvestites! Be back in a bit I need to go wash Hub's plimsolls and make sure his socks match his cheap looking shorts.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:19 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geedee
that's one thing that surprised me..... I didn't see many "lookers" in Montreal. Maybe I'm spoiled in Dubai with the super rich..... but the "totty quality" in Montreal was, er, not high!
If this matters to you, you'd be wise to confine yourself to Montreal for the first little while. Montreal is about as good as it gets in that department. You don't want to know about the ROC (rest of Canada).
Old Jul 28th 2007, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
If this matters to you, you'd be wise to confine yourself to Montreal for the first little while. Montreal is about as good as it gets in that department. You don't want to know about the ROC (rest of Canada).
No, It's not important to me. Married with 2 kids.....

I was a bit surprised though. Maybe expecting too much through watching too much TV!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by geedee
I just came off the "what's bad about Canada" thread feeling a little unnerved!

"Notiaink...honest" has kindly posted some threads looking at what's good. But the last was 2005.

Are there any Brits out there with some good, wholesome, positive encouragement?? We're moving to Montreal next month.... unless I lose my bottle and tell the company to forget it!
really mate you cant expect anyone say you'll love/ you'll hate, ive been here over 4 years now, i had times of loving it and the next week hateing it.

You just have to except the place for what it is, i have now and life is good.

good luck to you!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by celine_uk
really mate you cant expect anyone say you'll love/ you'll hate, ive been here over 4 years now, i had times of loving it and the next week hateing it.

You just have to except the place for what it is, i have now and life is good.

good luck to you!
Thanks for that. I agree totally. We've moved from England, to Scotland, to Dubai and next month Canada. There's good bits and bad bits everywhere. My wife and I can put our hats down just about anywhere and get by. Some things will hack us off, and some fill us with joy. We targeted Canada for the sake of the kids. We wouldn't ever live in the States (not these days, anyway), the UK seems to be going down the pan rapidly and here in Dubai, although really child-friendly, it's just an unnatural way for kids (western) to grow up. It's 45 here today, humid as hell, so forget outdoor activities! Some love it, but we've had enough.

Canada seemed to be a good choice, and we're going to make it work. I've not really ever heard a bad word about the place (apart from the other thread!!)
Old Jul 28th 2007, 6:24 pm
Banned

Cricket is not our national Sport.

We don't pay taxes for the Royal Family.

You can fart in a forest and no one will hear.

Discount Mall Shopping in the US with a $0.95 Exchange Rate.

Vegas is only a couple of hours flight away.

You can drive to Graceland.

Northern Border not occupied by foreign country.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 7:13 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Cricket is not our national Sport.

We don't pay taxes for the Royal Family.

You can fart in a forest and no one will hear.

Discount Mall Shopping in the US with a $0.95 Exchange Rate.

Vegas is only a couple of hours flight away.

You can drive to Graceland.

Northern Border not occupied by foreign country.
I'm sure the Yanks will have a chuckle at that statement as they sail through the Northwest passage in their nuclear powered aircraft carriers, oil tankers and assorted other vessels.

I'm also fairly certain the Russians will be flat on their backs 1Km under the northern ice pack in their submarine drilling for oil and having a laff before saying "Hey Boris, pass the Vodka before I piss myself. The Canadians think this is their border!."

Somehow I don't foresee Harper's new plan for a handful of ice breakers patrolling the frozen north doing anything to stop either of those two countries.

Mind you, you could fart up there and no one would hear you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.