Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Whats going on with the weather

Whats going on with the weather

Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:48 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats going on with the weather

We had rain during the night last night and it topped up the water level in my pool very nicely so don't have to use my well water. Starting up the pool this week in preparation for the heat surge that typically happens in a couple of weeks

Summer doesn't officially start until June 24th
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

tbontb is on a distinguished road

Plant some seedlings or grass, it is guaranteed not to rain then.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:39 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tbontb
Plant some seedlings or grass, it is guaranteed not to rain then.
Not true. I planted grass seed last weekend and it hasn't stopped raining since.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Aha, so you planted grass seed... but did you make the mistake of ALSO placing umbrella and deck chairs outside?
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:52 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Aha, so you planted grass seed... but did you make the mistake of ALSO placing umbrella and deck chairs outside?
Don't go there.

A few weeks ago we decided that summer had arrived, so we got the canvas gazebo canopy out of storage and put it back on. An hour or so later there was a monster storm. The replacement canopy is costing me $2,150.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

My two fruit trees (quinces) decided to put their leaves out, finally, one week ago... then a few days ago temperature went down to 3C... they are OK, but the tips of the shoots have gone floppy and blackened, I spent part of yesterday evening doing damage control.

Of course, I bought some tomato plants and planted them 24 hours before the 3C event...
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:28 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
[sarcasm]How's the gang murder rate this week?[/sarcasm]
tis fine - -this was at my daughters school - oops!!
http://www.theprovince.com/News/Temp...068/story.html
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, well, here in Halifax we have had recently:

- A few shootouts between well known drug families (if they are known, I can't figure out what they are doing in the streets shooting each other), one of them in the street where my friends live
- Discovery of the body of a taxi driver missing since winter...
- Groups of school kids fighting each other, in school, then the police when they arrived to bring order... then criticism of the police by said kids' parents arguing that the police only inflamed the situation
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

But going back to the weather, the corn I planted 2 weeks ago is now 1-3cm high, just waiting for the slugs to eat them... but HA HA HA, I have slug pellets this year
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:19 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

[sarcasm]How's the gang murder rate this week?[/sarcasm]
The forecast is that the worst of the storm has passed over us and, though the next few months will be unsettled, the outlook is bright. *

* Till the next time.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:24 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

But going back to the weather, the corn I planted 2 weeks ago is now 1-3cm high, just waiting for the slugs to eat them... but HA HA HA, I have slug pellets this year
I have 3 strawberries ready to harvest!! before the dogs notice!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:28 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I have 3 strawberries ready to harvest!! before the dogs notice!
My tomato plant has tomatoes on it.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:29 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I did. I've never yet had the chance to sit out on them though.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:53 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
tis fine - -this was at my daughters school - oops!!
http://www.theprovince.com/News/Temp...068/story.html
Ouch! I'm very happy his friends did the right thing.

Originally Posted by Souvenir
My tomato plant has tomatoes on it.
What did you expect to grow on it? Money?

Though apple growers have been making money from growing stuff on trees for years.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:59 pm
half a century

Ouch! I'm very happy his friends did the right thing.

What did you expect to grow on it? Money?

Though apple growers have been making money from growing stuff on trees for years.
Thing was hooky - no one really knew about it til they went to school yesterday and then loads of tv crews turned up at lunchtime.

but as so many things are filmed at the school the kids were all blase thinking it was a film being done!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.