Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

what's bad about Canada?

what's bad about Canada?

Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what's bad about Canada?

Originally Posted by Underworld
Because Jap cars are better
If you squint at them they look ok.

6 litre engines are unusual to the point that I can't think of one. Blown 5 litre engines are common and would, obviously, out power blown 3 litre ones.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:28 pm
Canadiain

Notiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Underworld
Because Jap cars are better :P Better handling, tuning, looks Why would i need a 6 liter engine when I could have a 3 liter Turbo!

Thanks for the heads up on the RON I didnt know that!
Why would you need to turn on a north american road?

If you have a 5 or 6l V8 (Chev small block V8 is a 5.7. close enough to 6 not to argue) , you can always add a couple of turbos is you think 500HP and 500ft lb isnt enough. 1100HP should giterdun. What are you going to do with your stressed out 3 l twinturbo then

Maybe this is the ideal compromise...
http://sdsefi.com/features/dec00supra.htm

Last edited by Notiaink...honest; Jul 27th 2007 at 1:32 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notiaink...honest
Why would you need to turn on a north american road?

If you have a 5 or 6l V8 , you can always add a couple of turbos is you think 500HP and 500ft lb isnt enough. 1100HP should giterdun. What are you going to do with your stressed out 3 l twinturbo then

Maybe this is the ideal compromise...
http://sdsefi.com/features/dec00supra.htm
Don't overlook the 998cc Fiat Panda.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:35 pm
Canadiain

Notiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tableland
Don't overlook the 998cc Fiat Panda.
You could drop the small block in the back and drive the rear wheels, like that renault 5 turbo rally car a few years back

Last edited by Notiaink...honest; Jul 27th 2007 at 1:47 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:01 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness to Japan, one of those Subaru WRX things followed me round the 427 ramp this morning, I was going 90 on the ramp and 110 along the Gardiner/QEW into town. The Subaru got stuck behind a truck on the ramp and must have slowed to 50 or so. It caught up in no time so they certainly have some acceleration. Hardtop though, not really a fun car.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geedee
I'm bringing my family over to Montreal next month. Is there a "what's great about Canada" thread???
Yes, here.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469248
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:33 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
If you squint at them they look ok.

6 litre engines are unusual to the point that I can't think of one. Blown 5 litre engines are common and would, obviously, out power blown 3 litre ones.

But when you add all the steel needed to support the lump of junk
your Hp:weight ratio isn't so good

Its on that the japs do so well
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Jap is a slur around these parts.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by MikeUK

The answer to that is plastic, as in a Corvette.

Still, since Supras were mentioned. The Mk IV Supra twin turbo weighed 3505 lbs and had 276 hp, the 2003 SVT Mustang (doubtless cheaper) weighed about the same, 3665lbs, and had 390hp. Not only that but the Mustang was available in a convertible version.

I accept that there's an argument for the merit of Japanese cars over American ones but it rests on the Camry and similar; reliable, sensible cars, function over fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_...281993-2002.29

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/rp/03cobra.htm
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:48 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by rwin
Well yes. In a Mustang one hears "Nice car, buddy" all the time. If people react to a Japanese car it's with spit and their keys. (Rightly so, of course).
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:49 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rwin

I was shocked when I heard and saw it used when I was in England. I'm quite certain it's not considered offensive in Britain (not entirely sure though) but, at least in western Canada, it's right down there with the n word, nearly.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:53 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I was shocked when I heard and saw it used when I was in England. I'm quite certain it's not considered offensive in Britain (not entirely sure though) but, at least in western Canada, it's right down there with the n word, nearly.

Oh, I thought you meant Jap cars were offensive. If "Jap" is an offensive term in relation to people from Japan (as opposed to those who drop their nail files at orgasm), I haven't heard that.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:54 pm
Canadiain

Originally Posted by MikeUK

With 1100Hp, your power to weight ratio is just fine, regardless how much weight you have to add. Your weight distribution might suck though, but an the straight roads here its still fun I imagine, at least until the ice caps melt, the oceans rise and you have nowhere to drive it.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:04 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Last time I heard it was from the mouth of a priest. In England. At a funeral.

I don't think I was shocked but I was certainly surprised.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:15 pm
Canadiain

How is Jap(anese) any more offensive than Brit(ish)? Its just a truncation?

I can think of many far more offensive epithets?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.