Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What would you bring from /leave in the UK?

What would you bring from /leave in the UK?

Old May 6th 2010, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future
Default Re: What would you bring from /leave in the UK?

Found reading the posts in this thread really interesting. Though me and my partner will be doing things alittle differently we are renting out our flat so leaving the beds and furniture. Taking PCs, amp and good surround speakers and anything personal that can't be replaced, should point out we will be staying with partners parents till we get settled and jobs. Hoping to rent first till we save up for the deposit and then to buy.
Old May 6th 2010, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

WE lived in a three bedroom house, brought all our furntiture bar 1 Ikea bed, Brought skis and gear, bikes etc, all sorts of sports stuff and it all fitted in. We had TONs of boxes, books etc. two dining tables (16 chairs) etc, two big sofas. We did have chests of drawers as optional, but they fitted in.

3 shippers said we needed 40ft, one said 20ft, we decided to stick with 20ft and leave out one bed and have a couple of optionals but it all fitted in.

Are you getting it porefessionally packed?
Old May 6th 2010, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Hi,

my OH and I are in exactly the same boat, we are doing gazillions of car boot sales and i am still desperately trying to sell our fridge freezer/washing machine/tumble dryer etc., etc.
We are not taking any white goods but have bought a new sofa cos when i compared prices in Canada with UK (Ikea of all places!) the sofa we looked at was 400 pounds cheaper here than the same one would have been in Canada.
We´ve also bought a new mattress as the sizes out there are different.
Never realized the bedding differs in size too....good excuse to hit the shops, me thinks!
Old May 6th 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Not that I would ever NEED an excuse, come to think of it.