Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What is the weather like in NS in December?

What is the weather like in NS in December?

Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:30 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future
Default What is the weather like in NS in December?

And would it make a productive recce difficult? We are eager to come and have a look as we have now done all the researching we can from afar, but do you think this would be a bad time to come. I think the alternative would be next June/July time.

Please let me know what you think.

Rubie x
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the weather like in NS in December?

where are you looking in NS rubie? eg are you planning on travelling away from the halifax area?
must say its stunning anytime of year though
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

forgot to say in june july we had endless days in excess of 100 degrees so personally i would come when its cooler
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rubie
And would it make a productive recce difficult? We are eager to come and have a look as we have now done all the researching we can from afar, but do you think this would be a bad time to come. I think the alternative would be next June/July time.

Please let me know what you think.

Rubie x
Rubie,

we are also thinking of recce but in November - hope the weather is not tooooo bad?

Sue
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:39 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

in a word... cold!

Other than that its not a bad time to come. Winter here is a lot sunnier than people think - its cold but not misserable like the British winter. Probably be some snow in December.

It would be the run-up to Christmas too so I would think it would be a great time to come - people seem to make a much bigger thing of Christmas than in the UK.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:42 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Thank you all for your replies they're much appreciated. It's a lot of pennies to spend on a recce if you aren't able to get the most out of it.

Chunley - we are hoping to see as much as possible, so yes we would be looking outside the Halifax area too but didn't want the weather stopping us from exploring too much.

Sue - are you going over this November now you have your rehabilitation issue sorted out?

Rubie x
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rubie
Thank you all for your replies they're much appreciated. It's a lot of pennies to spend on a recce if you aren't able to get the most out of it.

Chunley - we are hoping to see as much as possible, so yes we would be looking outside the Halifax area too but didn't want the weather stopping us from exploring too much.

Sue - are you going over this November now you have your rehabilitation issue sorted out?

Rubie x
Rubie,

we are looking at this November, but also considering end of May onwards - cannot go April into May as my eldest has SAT`s to do

We are considering our options at the moment, as said the rehab has took us by surprise, so we are taking a few days out to take stock of everything...

Sue x