Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What tv show couldnt you live without if you went home?

What tv show couldnt you live without if you went home?

Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What tv show couldnt you live without if you went home?

I was watching Corner Gas the other day and it got me thinking?

If i had to go back home what shows couldnt I live without that we dont get in the UK?

Corner Gas is one for me love that show
and Saturday Night Live
Every body loves Raymond

what would everyone else say?
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:06 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What tv show couldnt you live without if you went home?

"To Serve and Protect" a necessary reality check for every wannabee wearing rose tinted glasses :scared: all of which should be forced to see a few random episodes before moving to Canada.

Rich
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Location: SHEFFIELD uk can't wait to move in our house in Louisbourg N.S as soon as possible
louisbourg will become famous soon enough

ooooooooooooo i miss survivor
amazing race
wheel of fortune
jeoperdy
canada am ...........live at 5

thats it really

sharon
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louisbourg
ooooooooooooo i miss survivor
amazing race
wheel of fortune
jeoperdy
canada am ...........live at 5

thats it really

sharon
Youv just reminded me of some more, breakfast television couldnt wake up without Liza, Kevin and the gang! and W5 love that. and CBC sunday. and Sue Thomas FB eye! that show is so stupid but so compelling on a saturday afternoon when youv watched way too much Bollywood on Omni. can you tell I dont have cable yet LOL
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:40 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Corner Gas - I actually have a photo of me with the cast taken at the CTV upfronts

America's Next Top Model

The Amazing Race

Lost, which you can get in the UK on C4 anyway....

Rome... BBC1

Otherwise.... errr.....

Having said that I do watch TV for at least a couple of hours a night
Old Nov 28th 2005, 7:10 pm
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britishvixen21

If i had to go back home what shows couldnt I live without that we dont get in the UK?

and Saturday Night Live
Every body loves Raymond

Lost
"The Lumberjack Games" which I saw on Sunday afternoon for the first time - axe throwing, log cutting, chainsaw time trial - fantastic!

Must try Corner Gas (haven't been here long)
Old Nov 28th 2005, 7:41 pm
ACL
Forum Regular

ACL will become famous soon enough

Trailer Park Boys !!!!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

annie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud of

sorry but it all sounds like crap to me.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

I love trailer park boys, and I love Rick Mercer too hes so funny. Id love to go to Corner gas set maybe that will be our vacation next year.

Ive never heard of the Lumberjack games. must try that one.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ziggy8080
Lost
"The Lumberjack Games" which I saw on Sunday afternoon for the first time - axe throwing, log cutting, chainsaw time trial - fantastic!
They have those live here sometimes at the CNE or the Chin Pic Nic. It is even more impressive in person when they are only a few feet from you. :scared:
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:26 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Its got to be "Family Guy" That guy is so cool and has life in such good perspective.

Originally Posted by britishvixen21

and Saturday Night Live
Every body loves Raymond

Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:32 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annie3-4
We're not a terribly highbrow bunch, are we?

I'd miss Mercer and some of the HGTV shows (I'm HGTV positive). That's about it.

My missus would miss the British imports. They're all so old they are probably not shown in the UK anymore.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:32 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

When I came over it all seemed like crap to me - but I guess it is part of adapting to the Canadian way as your brain starts to adapt to it.

This is probably part of the addiction training you go through during immegration starting with e-client, then waiting for the post man moved quickly over to coffee and donuts and maple syrup and waffles and pancakes and cinamon buns and turtles and vanilla flavouring in coffee then finally the transformation goes into Canadian TV shows and perhaps eventually onto if you watched enough the American stand up Comidians - or is that when you have gone to far?????

Originally Posted by annie3-4
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Airseir
When I came over it all seemed like crap to me - but I guess it is part of adapting to the Canadian way as your brain starts to adapt to it.

This is probably part of the addiction training you go through during immegration starting with e-client, then waiting for the post man moved quickly over to coffee and donuts and maple syrup and waffles and pancakes and cinamon buns and turtles and vanilla flavouring in coffee then finally the transformation goes into Canadian TV shows and perhaps eventually onto if you watched enough the American stand up Comidians - or is that when you have gone to far?????
ROFL!

As for Family guy I thought we got that on Channel 4? I never really watched in the UK but here I love it, i love american dad too, that ALien is too funny!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:43 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Airseir

No. You'd already gone too far by the time you got to the vanilla coffee.
<we really do need a vomit smiley>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.