Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What paperwork to pack!

What paperwork to pack!

Old May 5th 2012, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What paperwork to pack!

My husband is doing his final packing.....for those of you who have emigrated to Canada what paperwork did you bring, ie driver license, car insurance letter, his COPR of course....what else?
Old May 5th 2012, 12:33 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What paperwork to pack!

Toilet paper
Old May 5th 2012, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aviator
Toilet paper
Nope, I have that here!
Old May 5th 2012, 2:29 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 123me
My husband is doing his final packing.....for those of you who have emigrated to Canada what paperwork did you bring, ie driver license, car insurance letter, his COPR of course....what else?

Qualifications, transcripts, references, Credit history from bank etc., life insurance documents, will. Dental records, opticians records, doctors records, pension documents.

Or he could just read this list: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Depart...K_to_Canada%29

Old May 5th 2012, 11:27 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aviator
Toilet paper
That's pretty funny, as it did occur to me that Canadian TP might not be soft enough, lol.
Old May 5th 2012, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by siouxie
Qualifications, transcripts, references, Credit history from bank etc., life insurance documents, will. Dental records, opticians records, doctors records, pension documents.

Or he could just read this list: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Depart...K_to_Canada%29

Thank you, that was a helpful reply.
Old May 5th 2012, 2:41 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie

Important papers for things you may need to prove later and keep old NHS and tax stuff from the UK in case you need it later, however doctor and dental records, we never needed those, not once were they asked for or wanted by the docs and dentist here.

I guess the dental record could be useful for identification though!
Old May 6th 2012, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

I just spoke to my UK dentist a couple of days ago about getting a copy of my record - she said not to bother in my case because "there's nothing they can't find out by just looking in your mouth".

She said if you had more complex work done, root canals and that sort of thing, it might be a useful thing to take. But for someone whose dental history consists of regular check ups and a few fillings, your new dentist seemingly isn't going to find your record useful.