Reload this Page >

What are our chances!?

What are our chances!?

Old Jul 8th 2009, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Beans_on is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are our chances!?

Hello All,

My wife and I are considering escaping the rat-race of London, and are exploring the possibilities of a move abroad.

I (32) am British and employed as a Recruitment Manager for a large Trade Association, my partner (28), who is from the Czech Republic, works within Finance (She is ACCA part-qualified).

What would be the best option (if there is one!!) for us to take in obtaining the right to work in Canada?
Old Jul 8th 2009, 11:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are our chances!?

Originally Posted by Beans_on
Hello All,

My wife and I are considering escaping the rat-race of London, and are exploring the possibilities of a move abroad.

I (32) am British and employed as a Recruitment Manager for a large Trade Association, my partner (28), who is from the Czech Republic, works within Finance (She is ACCA part-qualified).

What would be the best option (if there is one!!) for us to take in obtaining the right to work in Canada?
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Your partner may qualify as a Skilled Worker, so that's one route to look into. If her job is on the list of 38 occupations in demand, and she meets the other criteria (minimum points, no criminal record, proof of funds etc) then you would both get Permanent Residency visas approx 6-12 months after applying.

Alternatively, one of you would need to find a job. Your best bet is to grab a cuppa and start reading the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page), which will explain all of your options to you. This page is a good place to start..............http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration Have a read and then you can ask any questions and somebody on here will always try and help.

Out of interest, if you want to escape the rat race, why not just move within the UK? If you go to Canada you'll probably end up in a Canadian city anyway, so still be in a 'rat race'! Plus of course it's less stressful and far less expensive to move within the UK. So just wondered if you'd considered that or if you have another reason for moving to Canada?

Good luck with it all.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Beans_on is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What are our chances!?

Thanks for your prompt response, I'll have a look through the Wiki this afternoon.

The main driver for a move is for the experience of working in different countries. We lived in the Czech Republic for 12 months, and our end goal is too end up back there permanently within the next 10 - 15 years. However, it would be nice to live in other Cities before making this final move. I'm looking at the options which would be suitable (qualify for visa, English language etc.) for our requirements, so Canada, Oz, NZ are top of the list at the moment.

We would also like to start a family soon, and I believe that it would be beneficial for our children to experience different cultures at a young age.

Oh, and the grass is always greener, isn't it?