Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What a lovely day in.......

What a lovely day in.......

Old Mar 9th 2009, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a lovely day in.......

Hmm, yes, I think it may be a snow day for me.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

It's a gorgeous -30C here today.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation Re: What a lovely day in.......

You've gotta love Canada - it reached 17.9c on Friday (a new record for Toronto)

Today, SNOW! and FREEZING RAIN. Spring is so close and yet soooooo far away!
Old Mar 9th 2009, 4:30 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCanes
It's a gorgeous -30C here today.
Jeez it's 0c here & I'm cold!!

Took the beach photo yesterday

My OH got to the Malahat this morning but couldn't make it over the top because of the snow, so he headed back, got to Mill Bay, saw a gritter heading up the Malahat, turned around & followed it .... he's now at work!!
http://images.drivebc.ca/bchighwayca...ancouverIsland
Attached Thumbnails What a lovely day in.......-038.jpg  

Last edited by bananahammock; Mar 9th 2009 at 5:36 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 5:06 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I spent most of yesterday in the back yard. The first weekend in March is buddleia pruning weekend and the official start of Spring at JonboyE towers. It was a glorious sunny, if cool, day.

At four in the afternoon I drove towards Ikea in Coquitlam. By the time I got to Whalley it was snowing. Not that I am complaining because Whalley looks much better under a blanket of snow. However, the hill down to the Pattullo Bridge was a white out with cars and trucks sliding all over the place and several trucks stopped to chain up.

It snowed all the way to Coquitlam.

We thought we might return via the Alex Fraser bridge but no, it was closed because it was too slippery to cross.

We made it home by the connector and Hwy 99. We got back after 7.00 and White Rock was still in glorious sunshine.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:15 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like us yesterday Jonboy

was at Horseshoe Bay & Cypress Falls all day - glorious weather - drove back to downtown - snow!!! today was quite thick on ground - for Van = prob 2 inches - but now most has gone!!