Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What location did you choose and why?

View Poll Results: Where did you chose to settle?
British Colombia
30.11%
Alberta
17.20%
Saskatchewan
0%
Manitoba
4.30%
Ontario
24.73%
Quebec
0%
New Brunswick
5.38%
Newfoundland and Labrador
0%
Nova Scotia
15.05%
Prince Edward Island
2.15%
Yukon/Northwest Territories
1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

What location did you choose and why?

Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold
Default What location did you choose and why?

I am interested to know what parts of Canada you chose to settle in and why. Please state the province and the town/city.

At the moment we have just been looking at Ontario due to the fact we have family there. For that reason we haven't really considered anywhere else.

I would be really grateful to those that respond.

Many thanks

Last edited by act1980; Feb 19th 2009 at 2:58 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:47 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What location did you choose and why?

Didnt we do something like this just last week?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=590766

and before that...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551172

Last edited by iaink; Feb 19th 2009 at 2:49 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iaink
I would like to see peoples responses in a poll too though as it will be clearer.

Thanks.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:56 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
I would like to see peoples responses in a poll too though as it will be clearer.

Thanks.

Fair enough, although Im sure thats been done before too.

Just be aware that "Ontario" as a poll answer doesnt really tell you any more that someone saying they are moving to "France"
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fair enough, although Im sure thats been done before too.

Just be aware that "Ontario" as a poll answer doesnt really tell you any more that someone saying they are moving to "France"
I have edited my original question.

Thanks
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:42 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

We moved to Alberta because we like to ski and had been to Banff a few times on holiday.

I have always wanted the chance to emigrate and experience another country.

I have been on holiday all over the world, a month trip around OZ, Malyasia, Europe, but there is something about Canada I like.

Hubby managed to get a job offer in Edmonton so we went.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:04 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

My husbands sister lives in Ontario, Niagara Region, and we have been going on holiday there over the past 20 odd years. It seems sensible to move near her to start with anyway.

We love it and the kids do too. Even the winter (that might change after 5 months of snow) Time will tell
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

Who went to the Yukon/NWT and what is it you're doing there?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iain Mc
One of my kids moved from Toronto to Alaska, is that close enough?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:32 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Its funny....whenever someone asks the dumb "where" question, Iqaluit was often the stock answer, but Nunavut isn't even a poll option , so we will never know how many people mistook sarcasm for heartfelt advice...

Maybe NWT was just the next best option?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:33 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Thats far more interesting than this poll
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Its funny....whenever someone asks the dumb "where" question, Iqaluit was often the stock answer, but Nunavut isn't even a poll option , so we will never know how many people mistook sarcasm for heartfelt advice...

Maybe NWT was just the next best option?
Well I could always start a new thread... 'Who moved to Nunavut.....??
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

I would also be interested to know this? Perhaps an ice road trucker??
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:37 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by act1980
Well I could always start a new thread... 'Who moved to Nunavut.....??
Please, not on my account

Ohhh, the big 500th post...congratulations on that milestone
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Please, not on my account

Ohhh, the big 500th post...congratulations on that milestone
Woop woop!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.