Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What happens next

What happens next

Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy100 will become famous soon enough
Default What happens next

I'm going to London to drop my passport off for my sponser visa, but what do i get when i get all this back

What happens when i land in Canada and do i have to see any1 in Canada immigration when i land and if so how long does it take
Old Nov 10th 2011, 10:43 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happens next

Originally Posted by hutchy100
I'm going to London to drop my passport off for my sponser visa, but what do i get when i get all this back

What happens when i land in Canada and do i have to see any1 in Canada immigration when i land and if so how long does it take
At YVR ...

When you get to passport control at the airport tell the officer that you want to "land" and activate your permanent resident visa. They will direct you to the immigration office. The formalities take about 10-15 minutes to complete. How long you are in there will depend on the line up ahead of you. You might be straight in and out but if you arrive just after a plane load of new immigrants it might take some time.

If you have a goods to follow list then you will need another 5 - 10 minutes in customs.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont lose your proof of landing, the customs officer will stamp it on your arrival. You will need it eventually to apply for your Canadian citizenship and if you lose it. It will cost you $30 and about a 3 month wait. I know!!!!
Old Nov 17th 2011, 4:38 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allycat231
Dont lose your proof of landing, the customs officer will stamp it on your arrival. You will need it eventually to apply for your Canadian citizenship and if you lose it. It will cost you $30 and about a 3 month wait. I know!!!!
You will also need it when you apply for a Canadian state pension.