Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What else can go wrong????

What else can go wrong????

Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:18 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default What else can go wrong????

Well after all the problems we have had selling our place and eventually getting a buyer, then finding out our neighbour had done a land grab and having got that sorted out we thought we were on a winning streak with exchange of contracts hoping to be today after the land registry had provided a revised map of our property. Well no such luck. Ring solicitor this morning, he is on holiday until next week, secretary not in and still waiting for someone to ring us back to let us know what is happening!

Saturday we lost our telephone line, the watermain outside our property burst (single track lane) and after a four hour wait for the gang to turn up it took four hours to repair. To top it all husband checks bank account this morning and guess what his private pension has not been received!!!

Dont tell me about everything else that could go wrong as it will surely do so. Am really finding it very hard to hang in there at the moment.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What else can go wrong????

Have sent you some karma.

Sometimes it feels like every time your about to move forward, life has to slap you in the face just to test you . Keep your chin up, your nearly there and you'll be boarding that plane before you know it on your way to your new life

Sharon
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
Well after all the problems we have had selling our place and eventually getting a buyer, then finding out our neighbour had done a land grab and having got that sorted out we thought we were on a winning streak with exchange of contracts hoping to be today after the land registry had provided a revised map of our property. Well no such luck. Ring solicitor this morning, he is on holiday until next week, secretary not in and still waiting for someone to ring us back to let us know what is happening!

Saturday we lost our telephone line, the watermain outside our property burst (single track lane) and after a four hour wait for the gang to turn up it took four hours to repair. To top it all husband checks bank account this morning and guess what his private pension has not been received!!!

Dont tell me about everything else that could go wrong as it will surely do so. Am really finding it very hard to hang in there at the moment.
Blimey and I thought we were having a bad time of it.
His private pension, it isn't AON he's dealing with is it? I'm still waiting for my pension info if I took it early. Five weeks it's been since the first phone call, three more calls including one this morning and they say it'll be here by Friday. Good news NOT! As it's the postal strike Friday.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:43 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

No its the Bank of Scotland. He has had nothing but problems with them since he consolidated most of his investments in preparation for going. when he first started drawing his pension they took it from the wrong fund! There have been numerous other problems with them and at the moment he wouldnt recommend them to anyone. He is very nearly at the point of telling them where to stick it all and transfer it out somewhere else, but with everything else going on we just do not have the time.

I just do not know what we pay half these people for, you nearly always end up having to do their jobs for them. Sorry, hope I havent offended anyone in the financial/legal business but I have just about had enough of it this morning.

I am in a state of limbo as I cannot get on and do the things I need to do until we have exchanged, OH is trying to sort out his financial problem and has just told me to leave him alone! Kids dont need me any more so I am sitting here feeling very sorry for myself. I cannot even do any retail therapy husband would go spare if I started buying more things!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

No its the Bank of Scotland. He has had nothing but problems with them since he consolidated most of his investments in preparation for going. when he first started drawing his pension they took it from the wrong fund! There have been numerous other problems with them and at the moment he wouldnt recommend them to anyone. He is very nearly at the point of telling them where to stick it all and transfer it out somewhere else, but with everything else going on we just do not have the time.

I just do not know what we pay half these people for, you nearly always end up having to do their jobs for them. Sorry, hope I havent offended anyone in the financial/legal business but I have just about had enough of it this morning.

I am in a state of limbo as I cannot get on and do the things I need to do until we have exchanged, OH is trying to sort out his financial problem and has just told me to leave him alone! Kids dont need me any more so I am sitting here feeling very sorry for myself. I cannot even do any retail therapy husband would go spare if I started buying more things!!!!
I would ask you to come round for a coffee and a shoulder to cry on but I live too far away and you probably don't speak Russian like what I do.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:57 am
Arrived at last!!

Russian no good, have some Spanish tho but in times of stress that goes out the window.

Solicitors secretary has just telephoned. She is passing the file to a colleague but he, of course, has someone with him! What the hell are they doing only just passing a file over surely that should have been done before now when our solicitor went on holiday ugh!?
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Russian no good, have some Spanish tho but in times of stress that goes out the window.

Solicitors secretary has just telephoned. She is passing the file to a colleague but he, of course, has someone with him! What the hell are they doing only just passing a file over surely that should have been done before now when our solicitor went on holiday ugh!?
Hang in there! I completely know how you feel (although our watermain nor telephone has blown) but I spend most of my waking hours right now chasing solicitors and estate agents and actually am on the verge of killing the next person who tells me they'll call me back.

Part of me thinks these things are sent to test our resolve and if we stick to it we will be rewarded for the pain but the other part of me wants to crawl into bed never to service until I arrive in Canada!

I'm sending you so karma - hope it helps!!!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:10 am
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by The TWs
Hang in there! I completely know how you feel (although our watermain nor telephone has blown) but I spend most of my waking hours right now chasing solicitors and estate agents and actually am on the verge of killing the next person who tells me they'll call me back.

Part of me thinks these things are sent to test our resolve and if we stick to it we will be rewarded for the pain but the other part of me wants to crawl into bed never to service until I arrive in Canada!

I'm sending you so karma - hope it helps!!!
Thank you. Unfortunately I have now taken to baking (got to start using up everything in the cupbaord) and that's no good for my waistline, don't think I will be going to Weight Watchers this Thursday just to be told what I already know!!

OH just spoken to solicitors again, dont they know what a phone is for. File now being looked at by someone else will let us know soonest ugh!!!!!!!

Taking daughter to Orthodontist this afternoon and the office is just around the corner. If nothing has progressed by then I shall be paying them a visit and giving them a piece of my mind. Our buyer has just informed us that our solicitor doesnt have a very good reputation!!! Wish we knew that before hand, but then again do any of them?
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:12 am
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
Have sent you some karma.

Sometimes it feels like every time your about to move forward, life has to slap you in the face just to test you . Keep your chin up, your nearly there and you'll be boarding that plane before you know it on your way to your new life

Sharon
Thank you Sharon. Am trying to hold on.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Scott66 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by steve666
Blimey and I thought we were having a bad time of it.
His private pension, it isn't AON he's dealing with is it? I'm still waiting for my pension info if I took it early. Five weeks it's been since the first phone call, three more calls including one this morning and they say it'll be here by Friday. Good news NOT! As it's the postal strike Friday.
I see now why you were not bothered about the state pension in the other thread.....been putting all your pennies somewhere else...as a good measure you could send all the index linked money you'll recieve to your gay boy mate dbd33 and he can forward it onto the bosnian refugees he loves so much and feels pity for....along wi all your crap music.

LOL.................
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scott66
I see now why you were not bothered about the state pension in the other thread.....been putting all your pennies somewhere else...as a good measure you could send all the index linked money you'll recieve to your gay boy mate dbd33 and he can forward it onto the bosnian refugees he loves so much and feels pity for....along wi all your crap music.

LOL.................
How very witty of you. What were your mates saying about hijacking threads?
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. Unfortunately I have now taken to baking (got to start using up everything in the cupbaord) and that's no good for my waistline, don't think I will be going to Weight Watchers this Thursday just to be told what I already know!!

OH just spoken to solicitors again, dont they know what a phone is for. File now being looked at by someone else will let us know soonest ugh!!!!!!!

Taking daughter to Orthodontist this afternoon and the office is just around the corner. If nothing has progressed by then I shall be paying them a visit and giving them a piece of my mind. Our buyer has just informed us that our solicitor doesnt have a very good reputation!!! Wish we knew that before hand, but then again do any of them?
You are worrying me! What have we got to look forward to when our house finally sells?

Does the stress ever end?

Best of luck with your solicitors - give them a piece of your mind!

Joanne
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Scott66 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by steve666
How very witty of you. What were your mates saying about hijacking threads?

HAHA

Chill out dude I won't hijack this thread as you do others but couldn't resist.

Hope your sorted soon.

Cheers old man

Old Jun 26th 2007, 2:46 pm
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by skiboy10
You are worrying me! What have we got to look forward to when our house finally sells?

Does the stress ever end?

Best of luck with your solicitors - give them a piece of your mind!

Joanne
Thanks. I hope the stress ends soon. but it's 3.45 the solicitor looking at our file is still with someone and we still havent heard a bean! Doesnt look very hopeful for today does it. Hopefully you wont have such a crap solicitor.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I hope the stress ends soon. but it's 3.45 the solicitor looking at our file is still with someone and we still havent heard a bean! Doesnt look very hopeful for today does it. Hopefully you wont have such a crap solicitor.
The annoying thing is that the solicitor will probably only spend 5 minutes reading your file and then hand it over to a legal executive or conveyancing clerk to do the work! Patience is a virtue - ha! ha!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.