Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What do you think?

What do you think?

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:22 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think?

Right I'm off to bed.

Once again BE has saved the day See you on the other side.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Cassie make sure you comply with these regs regarding hand luggage at Manchester. I have seen several people turned away at security because their hand luggage was too big or they had 2 pieces. One woman put her handbag inside her carry on bag and they wouldn't allow it!!! She had to go back to the check in desk and check the carry on.

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/MANInfo/Search
Apparently MAN allows more than one piece of hand baggage each now:

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/m...ontent/bagrule

...but you should still check your airline's policy
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
Right I'm off to bed.

Once again BE has saved the day See you on the other side.
Safe journey...catch you on the other side.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TruBrit
nope heathrow and gatwick you can take two bags carry on, no probs.
Just to add something...when we travelled through Heathrow last, we were not allowed more than one bag carry on. When security is busy they will only allow you to carry one bag (we just repacked everything into three, they didn't like it...but so what). I have to agree at Manchester...they were a pain!!! My son took his violin carry bag as hand luggage (air Canada had no problem with this) with his instrument inside...security were a pain. I had to agrue that his instrument was inside and that he was allowed to have it as carry on...it took 5 mins of arguing before they would let us through. Why
Manchester is like that is anyones guess!!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickysteve
Just to add something...when we travelled through Heathrow last, we were not allowed more than one bag carry on. When security is busy they will only allow you to carry one bag (we just repacked everything into three, they didn't like it...but so what). I have to agree at Manchester...they were a pain!!! My son took his violin carry bag as hand luggage (air Canada had no problem with this) with his instrument inside...security were a pain. I had to agrue that his instrument was inside and that he was allowed to have it as carry on...it took 5 mins of arguing before they would let us through. Why
When was this? According to the websites of both MAN and LHR the one bag policy was lifted in January 2008...
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vickysteve

when did you travel through heathrow last? two bags carry on were the norm last week.