Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What do you NOT like about living in Canada

What do you NOT like about living in Canada

Old Jul 13th 2010, 4:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you NOT like about living in Canada

Originally Posted by Alex2201
"Wonderful - yet another bigot is added to the rank of righteous immigrant"

= joking and or making light of what I typed you numpty
But how is it a joke?
Old Jul 13th 2010, 4:06 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
But how is it a joke?
It's got a smiley on it. It must be funny.

Edit: I do think that Alex was joking, maybe it's not that funny. But really jumping all over the poster about it is a bit harsh.

Last edited by Alan2005; Jul 13th 2010 at 4:09 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lord Vader
there must be a lot of folks on suicide watch.
such as France

i repeat for those who have endured a 'humour' by-pass:

do you see it?

wonderful!
Old Jul 13th 2010, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

dthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond repute

"Wonderful - yet another bigot is added to the rank of righteous immigrant"

= joking and or making light of what I typed you numpty
Oh yeah . . . now I get it. I apologise as I mistook it to be like the "immigrant moving to Atlanta, GA, and NOT liking the ni*gers" form of lighthearted joke .
Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

From posting on this board I am beginning to note that, the more "liberal" one`s politics, the more uptight one seems to get when others don`t agree with one`s opinions
Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold

Mr Thomas - if you seek a witch-hunt to embark upon, you would do better than to immediately leap to the 'most populist' form of racism (complete with inflammatory language); this simply highlights your apparent hyper-sensitivities.

Really I think this entire thread should be ladened with emoticons (NOTE: 'icons of emotion'), for it is futile to move to a foreign land and expect it to be identical to your origins; (if this were true why would anyone ever move anywhere?)

Sympathy to the originator of this thread, who probably only wanted to attempt an effort in forewarning, rather than invite facetious tit for tat.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

dthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond repute

Am I really being a hyper-sensitive witchfinder pursuivant, bandying offensive language, and jumping on the recent immigrant for stating his dislike for the French (in Moncton, NB, of all places)? However, I wax romantic when knowledgeable others rise form the muck and spew their rhetoric when it comes to my misunderstanding of posts.

I'll keep my unfounded liberal opinions to myself, my French Canadian mother, wife, children, friends, neighbours, colleagues and chienne .

*What do I NOT like about living in Canada? Callow immigrants.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 7:45 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dthomas
Am I really being a hyper-sensitive witchfinder pursuivant, bandying offensive language, and jumping on the recent immigrant for stating his dislike for the French (
You were a bit, yes.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

dthomas

You really are a fool.

I have no actual dislike of the French it was merely a bit of fun and not intended to offend. If you look at the last thousand years of history you will see we have had the odd run in with the French. As a result its not unusual to make the odd joke about them and for them to respond in kind. Thats the top and bottom of it.

The fact that you compared my lighthearted comment about the French to what the African American people in the southern states have endured through history and sadly still are enduring tells me that you should really think more about what you are typing

ps just to ice the cake I live with an Acadian and most of the new friends I have here are also Acadian........ so in true British style....Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!! (just in case you get offended) (again)
Old Jul 13th 2010, 8:26 pm
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

nice to see that everyone is digging into the big bowl of batshit crisps.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Lord Vader
nice to see that everyone is digging into the big bowl of batshit crisps.
we love them. they taste so batshitty.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 8:33 pm

dthomas

You really are a fool.
Less of the ad-hominem please.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 8:34 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dthomas
Am I really being a hyper-sensitive witchfinder pursuivant, bandying offensive language, and jumping on the recent immigrant for stating his dislike for the French (in Moncton, NB, of all places)? However, I wax romantic when knowledgeable others rise form the muck and spew their rhetoric when it comes to my misunderstanding of posts.

I'll keep my unfounded liberal opinions to myself, my French Canadian mother, wife, children, friends, neighbours, colleagues and chienne .

*What do I NOT like about living in Canada? Callow immigrants.
A bit like your post of July 2 that had to be deleted. If you are going to dish it out...

Last edited by Aviator; Jul 13th 2010 at 8:38 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zRichi
If this is all I have to worry about in Canada it seems very trivial and British indeed.

Pronounciation? Maybe you haven't been to 90 percent of england but even in my home town which is peaceful and prosperous enough I still hear

Fack off
Shuttap
Innit

on a regular basis if I venture out. "wadder" is minor in comparison to the rape of the english language by Englishmen and women of today.

Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, all of the south west, Scotland, the Welsh, Irish, Sheffield and London - all bastardise the english language every day. I find it amazing that people would complain about the pronounciation of water in a country 2000 miles away. Did these people only live in the home counties?
Regional accents, in some cases dialects, are hardly bastardisation of the language.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 9:16 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Regional accents, in some cases dialects, are hardly bastardisation of the language.
Aaahh perhaps not but then neither is dropping the H in Herb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.