Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What do you love most about Canada and/or Canadians?

What do you love most about Canada and/or Canadians?

Old Sep 14th 2011, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

Danny76 is a jewel in the roughDanny76 is a jewel in the roughDanny76 is a jewel in the roughDanny76 is a jewel in the rough
Smile What do you love most about Canada and/or Canadians?

Some of you will have lived in Canada for just a few weeks, others for many decades. Maybe you have a swanky downtown apartment, or a farmhouse out in the boonies. Whatever your background or circumstance, the one thing you all have in common is you have chosen to make the true North your home, even if it is perhaps not your native land.

So, whether you're in Toronto or Tuktoyaktuk, what to you personally is the best thing about Canada? What do you love most about Canadians?
Old Sep 14th 2011, 11:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you love most about Canada and/or Canadians?

Originally Posted by Danny76
So, whether you're in Toronto or Tuktoyaktuk, what to you personally is the best thing about Canada?
The stability.

What do you love most about Canadians?
Their inertia.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of

Maple Syrup
Old Sep 15th 2011, 1:45 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Some of you will have lived in Canada for just a few weeks, others for many decades. Maybe you have a swanky downtown apartment, or a farmhouse out in the boonies. Whatever your background or circumstance, the one thing you all have in common is you have chosen to make the true North your home, even if it is perhaps not your native land.

So, whether you're in Toronto or Tuktoyaktuk, what to you personally is the best thing about Canada? What do you love most about Canadians?
I'm one of the many decades group.

I like Canada (Toronto in my case) because I have a job here which (most of the time) I enjoy doing and which pays rather well.

Frankly, I don't much like Canadians in general, but you should balance this remark with the fact that I don't much like people in general.

I suppose I like as many Canadians as I like Germans or British folk.

Hope that helps.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 2:30 am
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I'm one of the many decades group.

I like Canada (Toronto in my case) because I have a job here which (most of the time) I enjoy doing and which pays rather well.

Frankly, I don't much like Canadians in general, but you should balance this remark with the fact that I don't much like people in general.

I suppose I like as many Canadians as I like Germans or British folk.

Hope that helps.

Am sure Canadians, Germans and British folks will say the feelin' is mutual

Do you like pets then?
Old Sep 15th 2011, 2:51 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Am sure Canadians, Germans and British folks will say the feelin' is mutual

Do you like pets then?
a) don't much care

b) yes

c) what's your point?
Old Sep 15th 2011, 3:28 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Best thing is the flights out of it weekly, maybe even daily in some cases

There are lots to love about Canadians, their rudeness, their aggressive nature that is well hidden until you decide to work / socialize with them, (not necessarily aimed at me, but at each other, ) their total lack of empathy, they're racist and proud of it, but that could be just the ones i've met....I could go on but I wouldn't want to sound negative ...

To be honest, i've become antisocial since moving here..I can't be arse with fake people... I'm quiet happy with my own company, if I wanted clowns around me, i'd hire them....
Old Sep 15th 2011, 5:23 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Points rewards cards. They have them for everything over here. This week I got a free vegetable steamer, a free hair cut and a free loaf of bread. This really is the land of opportunities and hope.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 10:42 am
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
a) don't much care

b) yes

c) what's your point?

My point.....if you don't like Canadians, which am guessing includes people at you job and your employer, why do you remain here then? It's hardly away to speak about the people that granted you residency here

Sounds like chip on the shoulder to me
Old Sep 15th 2011, 10:45 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
My point.....if you don't like Canadians, which am guessing includes people at you job and your employer
Why would you think that? You know he works in Toronto.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 10:48 am
Banned

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
There are lots to love about Canadians, their rudeness, their aggressive nature that is well hidden until you decide to work / socialize with them,they're racist and proud of it,
what....and the UK is not racist? Funny this should come up, listening to a radio show from the UK last night, American singer KELIS said "she got called a slave by 1 immigration fella at Heathrow". She was told to go back to where she came from, which is a common thing in the UK amongst oiks and BNP types
Old Sep 15th 2011, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Their inability to do things they havent been taught how to do and their complete inability to deal with any form of competition. It makes for easy pickings for those used to having to deal with such things.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 12:39 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Really I should say my wife and kids, but that would be wetter than a fishes swimsuit, so Ill go with the general lack of cynicism and backbiting (maybe Im insensitive?), and the space there is to breathe here.

Obviously, I dont live in a big city.

There are probably other things too.

Edit; Seasons, I like them, hot summer, skiing in the winter, beautiful fall colours.

Last edited by iaink; Sep 15th 2011 at 1:52 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 1:12 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

It's not Southport.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 1:28 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Points rewards cards. They have them for everything over here. This week I got a free vegetable steamer, a free hair cut and a free loaf of bread. This really is the land of opportunities and hope.
WOW, you're really doing well here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.