Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

what to do with my record collection?

what to do with my record collection?

Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: what to do with my record collection?

Originally Posted by snowqueen
Ok, don't know if anyone has any suggestion on this. I have a stack of old albums (don't we all) - my life in vinyl basically. I have managed to weed out the embarrassing/sh*te stuff, but there are some albums (about 50 to be precise) I'm very loathe to part with, with their well thumbed covers etc. Of course I never listen to them, my turntable doesn't even have a plug on it. Question is, should I
a) bring them and my turntable and hope I can get it to work?
b) bring them and plan to get a new turntable in Canada
c) Forget them and try and source the music on cd/download sometime (if ever and could be costly)

I'm not going to be pushed for space as the shipping company have informed me I need a 40 ft container!

Answers on a postcard please........

Snowqueen
personally i would sale them on ebay.
the collectors dream!
If you have many British albums then i would sell them when you get here because they will probably get more. I was a fool ans sold my whole collection to a dealer. If only i had registered on ebay before. You can sell snow to an Eskimo on there.
might be worth a try. good luck
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by babyblue
personally i would sale them on ebay.
the collectors dream!
If you have many British albums then i would sell them when you get here because they will probably get more. I was a fool ans sold my whole collection to a dealer. If only i had registered on ebay before. You can sell snow to an Eskimo on there.
might be worth a try. good luck
DO IT!!! I've made over 1200 quid selling my collection on ebay so far since november!!! I had lots of really bad old late 80's early 90's dance/rave 12"s, some of which have gone for between 20 and 50 quid each! Depends what sort of stuff you've got, but I've found it liberating and financially rewarding to clear out a load of old tunes that i never used anymore anyway. Will still be taking a big box with the ones I couldn't bear to part with though!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

janj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the rough

I say bring the records over. We brought a couple of hundred albums over, didn't listen to them for a decade, then bought a second hand turntable a few weeks ago. Have to admit, hooked up to a good system, they sound awesome Then last week my husband found and bought a collection of 450 albums, many sealed, and all in great condition, for $400 on Craigslist!

Needless to add we're approaching our mid-40s......