Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What do I need to emigrate to Canada

What do I need to emigrate to Canada

Old Oct 21st 2004, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

grippar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What do I need to emigrate to Canada

I'm thinking of moving to Canada when I leave the army in two years I believe my pension will go futher in Canada and the life style is more suited to me but what is the minimun requirement I need
Old Oct 21st 2004, 4:37 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What do I need to emigrate to Canada

Originally Posted by grippar
I'm thinking of moving to Canada when I leave the army in two years I believe my pension will go futher in Canada and the life style is more suited to me but what is the minimun requirement I need

You should find a lot of the information you seek on

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/
Old Oct 21st 2004, 11:29 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Does this ring any bells people !!!!

Why are we leaving?

Because frankly the UK sucks that’s why.

Why does it suck?

- Bad education & health systems
- Terrible transport infrastructure
- Highest energy costs of anywhere in the western world
- Highest housing costs in Europe
- all round urban decay

100 years ago the UK was a global leader, in fact it was THE global leader. It's spent those last 100 years in a perpetual decline mainly due to chronic lack of investment in the things that matter.

Our railway infrastructure remains stuck in a Victorian time-warp, the road network is full to bursting point and is crumbling under the pressure.

House prices are astronomical. Petrol costs about 4 pounds a gallon, this despite the fact that the UK is the EU's largest oil producer. You can buy our oil for the 1/2 the price in France than you can right outside our own oil refinery. There’s absolutely no reason for this except to make the people suffer and the governmet richer.
Why does Scotland have some of the highest fuel prices in the UK. The North Sea produces most of the oil that is refined in the UK.

And to top it all off, everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, seems to cost more in the UK than it does anywhere else. The UK is the rip-off capital of the world.

Basically the UK's quality of life is terrible. People live better in much poorer countries like Portugal than they do in the UK and so anyone who can leave probably will leave. Especially to somewhere like Canada where the standard of living is so good.

My Tuppence worth for all it matters, there is more, but this will do just now.

Eddie
Old Oct 21st 2004, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

mrs. liftman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by grippar

Very thick skin