Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What can I do?

What can I do?

Old May 11th 2001, 6:19 pm
John Henry
Posts: n/a

I want to emmigrate to Canada, where should I begin?
Thanks in advance
Old May 11th 2001, 8:10 pm
Posts: n/a


You may want to start with the Independent Immigrant program. This program was
designed to attracted skilled workers to Canada.

Under this program, applicants are assessed on the basis of ten factors, such as age,
education, work experience, etc. Each criteria is assigned a specific number of
points. Generally an applicant must have at least a total of 70 points , to be
selected as an Independent Immigrant. However, a visa officer has a general
discretion to issue an immigrant visa to an applicant who has less than 70 points if
the applicant can show that he has a great chance of becoming successfully
established in Canada.

For additional information go to http://www.webimmigration.com/permres2.html

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.
Webimmigration.com, Embrace Opportunity 225-141 Bannatyne Avenue Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada R3B 0R3 Tel: 1-204-943-3303 Fax: 1-204-895-4042 Email: [email protected]
Visit our website at http://www.webimmigration.com

Old May 12th 2001, 2:45 am
Posts: n/a

Go to the Cdn Government's Immigration website: www.cic.gc.ca

Good luck

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.