Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

We've made it at last!

We've made it at last!

Old Nov 13th 2005, 3:31 am
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of
Default We've made it at last!

Just a quick note for now, to say that we made it to the other side (Nova Scotia). Landed 14th oct. Only just got up and running on line,have too much to tell right now but everyone who is already here or on their way please get in contact and fire questions.We've felt cut off and isolated for the last month but have had lots to sort out so we've been quite busy.

By for now
Tony
Old Nov 13th 2005, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

dkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: We've made it at last!

Originally Posted by Happydayz
Just a quick note for now, to say that we made it to the other side (Nova Scotia). Landed 14th oct. Only just got up and running on line,have too much to tell right now but everyone who is already here or on their way please get in contact and fire questions.We've felt cut off and isolated for the last month but have had lots to sort out so we've been quite busy.

By for now
Tony
Well done! Look forward to hearing all your exploits. Hopefully there are a few of us following you to NS shortly.

Deborah
Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

mikejw is on a distinguished road

Hi Tony

Welcome to NS!!!!Where are you?We are in Fall River, Halifax.
If you are over this way......happy to chill out over coffee/beer/wine...!

The 1st month is a rollercoaster ride isn't it?
PM me if you want fone number.

Orla

By for now
Tony
Old Nov 13th 2005, 2:55 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and all the best for the future.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Well Jenny and Tony so glad to hear you made it alright....anxious to hear of your experiences....Glad to see you are hooked up.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:30 pm
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

Thanks to everyone for your support and comments.Roller coaster indeed, we started with a total shock at the airport , while checking in the dogs at customs they totaled the cost to send them and told us it was over 1000 pounds more than the price we had been given over the phone!!! long story but a bit of advice to anyone bringing pets...get names when you get your quote, just in-case!, anyway a panicked start turned into a very good flight, no problems on arrival at St Johns, everyone was very nice and helpful, we did all the customs paper work and then headed to Halifax, again everything went very smoothly collected the dogs....they were both fine, and headed home, the past 4 weeks have been a little strange, cant really believe we are here to stay, still feels a little like we are on a extended holiday, but I start work tomorrow so I guess that holiday feeling is about to come to an end!! lol ...well I guess its time to get back to reality we have found the time has gone by really fast.Everyone has been very nice where ever we have been, and that has been a great help to make us feel at home here in Springfield...our nearest towns our Bridgewater and Middleton, most of our shopping has been in Bridgewater area. We are just waiting for our SIN to come through, and trying to sort out what medical insurance to take out....and then looms the dreaded driving test...I know that must be one of the next things on the list of to dos, but I'm not keen...just that exam thing...still I think Tony will be fine so he may have to become a full time chauffeur !!! anyway its nice to be back on line and feel like we have people out there again who know whats what.....
Old Nov 14th 2005, 11:45 am
Banned

finallygotout will become famous soon enough

Thanks to everyone for your support and comments.Roller coaster indeed, we started with a total shock at the airport , while checking in the dogs at customs they totaled the cost to send them and told us it was over 1000 pounds more than the price we had been given over the phone!!! long story but a bit of advice to anyone bringing pets...get names when you get your quote, just in-case!, anyway a panicked start turned into a very good flight, no problems on arrival at St Johns, everyone was very nice and helpful, we did all the customs paper work and then headed to Halifax, again everything went very smoothly collected the dogs....they were both fine, and headed home, the past 4 weeks have been a little strange, cant really believe we are here to stay, still feels a little like we are on a extended holiday, but I start work tomorrow so I guess that holiday feeling is about to come to an end!! lol ...well I guess its time to get back to reality we have found the time has gone by really fast.Everyone has been very nice where ever we have been, and that has been a great help to make us feel at home here in Springfield...our nearest towns our Bridgewater and Middleton, most of our shopping has been in Bridgewater area. We are just waiting for our SIN to come through, and trying to sort out what medical insurance to take out....and then looms the dreaded driving test...I know that must be one of the next things on the list of to dos, but I'm not keen...just that exam thing...still I think Tony will be fine so he may have to become a full time chauffeur !!! anyway its nice to be back on line and feel like we have people out there again who know whats what.....

Congrats...let us know how your first week at work goes, won't you?