Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Westjet Rules Changed for In-Cabin Pets?

Westjet Rules Changed for In-Cabin Pets?

Old Mar 7th 2019, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Westjet Rules Changed for In-Cabin Pets?

Originally Posted by Tomper88

Hi mate,

Good luck with the move back. My partner and I are in the process of getting PR at the moment and want to bring our two cats with us.

We thought they’d have to go in the hold, so we’re delighted that isn’t the case. Particularly as we’d have a layover in Halifax/Toronto from Glasgow.

Is it Glasgow> Halifax>Calgary you're doing with Air Transat?

Please let me know how you get on with the cat! Will you be able to let him out during the layover?

Depending on how long the layover is normally animals have to be cleared by Customs on arrival. Depending on which airport some can be cleared inside the arriving terminal or they are taken to a cargo facility for clearance. If cleared within the terminal then once outside the Customs area you can have access to the animal. If staying in a hotel for the layover you should be able to take it with you to the hotel.