Reload this Page >

WES application on hold

WES application on hold

Old Oct 22nd 2018, 10:34 am
Just Joined

julesgill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WES application on hold

Hi all,
I've just started getting my documents together for Express Entry to Canada. After requesting my university (Shefflield Hallam) to send the relevant docs to WES, they've let me know that they couldn't find my results transcripts and could only find my actuall final degree certificate. They've verified these, and sent them to WES. WES have now put my request on hold - it only states that they're waiting on my results transcript.

It's sort of a catch 22 - has anyone experienced this, what do I do now? Any help would be amazing ...

Thanks
Julie
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

luketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WES application on hold

Hi julesgill,

Sorry to hear that, it can be a fraught process for ECA. I know of a similar case here: Educational Credential Assessment
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

julesgill is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Luke for the reply. I ended up calling both my university and WES to see if there was something that I could do.
WES responded with no, as they need the breakdown to ascertain how I achieved my degree.
My university have said well send another email as they could take another look and find partial results.

I've sent a begging email to them to find the results any way possible!

It's ridiculous as they found my sisters results who graduated a year before me!!!

Wish me luck ... now let me see what else I need to do to be able to get my Express Entry application completed ... it's not remotely simple is it!

Thanks again
Julie
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

luketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond repute

I do indeed wish you the greatest of luck there. No it's not a simple process. Here's hoping you get your wish and get a successful application.

Cheers
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Collie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond repute

As an ex-academic I'd suggest writing to the head of school (or department) at which you studied. They are more likely to have the detailed breakdown of your results than the central administration, and might well be more helpful; I'd guess it would be useful if they sent that information to your contact in the university administration, who could then hardly fail to take action on it!
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 10:53 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

They should at least be able to rebuild a transcript based off their records of your degree path and the modules that you studied with them. That's just frankly unacceptable on the part of Sheffield Hallam really.
Old Oct 23rd 2018, 1:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE!

How frustrating for you They say they can 'recreate' the transcript and where there are gaps will explain to the requesting body - if all else fails that may be an option..
Best of luck

https://students.shu.ac.uk/shuspacec...ts-transcripts
Please be aware that if your transcript request is for a period of study prior to 2003 the University relies on paper based examination board records. In these cases we will make reasonable efforts to collate the transcript but please allow plenty of time before submitting your request.
Where there are gaps in our records we will aim to provide syllabus information and a letter explaining any gaps to a third party if necessary. Where the University is unable to provide a full transcript, a refund will be offered.
and

https://netcommunity.shu.ac.uk/sslpage.aspx?pid=676
Transcripts

We aim to provide you with a transcript, listing your modules and marks, within 4 weeks.
However, please be aware that if your transcript request is for a period of study prior to 2003 the University relies on paper based examination board records alone to collate results and produce a transcript. The University is currently digitising these records and they are in different states of completeness and preservation. If the data relating to your period of study is not yet in digital format we will make reasonable efforts to collate the information in order to produce a transcript.

and one part about WES
https://www.shu.ac.uk/alumni/how-do-i/transcripts-faq

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 23rd 2018 at 1:49 am.