Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

We're off! (or at least in the offing!)

We're off! (or at least in the offing!)

Old May 19th 2005, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Smile We're off! (or at least in the offing!)

Hi All,

My wife and I are in the process of packing up our stuff and shipping, carbooting everything else. After a whistle stop tour of England to visit relatives and say good bye we will be getting on a flight to Canada next week to start a new chapter in our lives. I am sure that I will have loads to say once we get back on line on the other side of the pond. Until then I just wanted to thank everyone on the forum for their company and support over the past 20 months and also for answering all of my trivial questions. We wish everybody all the best who is still waiting.

Phil
Old May 19th 2005, 1:32 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're off! (or at least in the offing!)

Hi Phil,
Wow, I bet you can't wait, congratulations.
It must be so wierd/scarey when it finally happens?
Good luck mate
Old May 19th 2005, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

annie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud of
Wink Re: We're off! (or at least in the offing!)

Originally Posted by pak2
Hi All,

My wife and I are in the process of packing up our stuff and shipping, carbooting everything else. After a whistle stop tour of England to visit relatives and say good bye we will be getting on a flight to Canada next week to start a new chapter in our lives. I am sure that I will have loads to say once we get back on line on the other side of the pond. Until then I just wanted to thank everyone on the forum for their company and support over the past 20 months and also for answering all of my trivial questions. We wish everybody all the best who is still waiting.

Phil
Good luck! happy new life, hope everything works out well for you.
Old May 19th 2005, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one! All the best for the big move

Biiiiink
Old May 19th 2005, 1:42 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Phil

Good luck pak2

Hurry up & get back on-line so we can bombard you with trivial questions!!!!
Old May 19th 2005, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Sher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant future

Best of luck with your new lives.

Take care and god bless.

Sher
Old May 19th 2005, 3:00 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

All the best, Phil.
Old May 19th 2005, 4:18 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
My wife and I are in the process of packing up our stuff and shipping, carbooting everything else. After a whistle stop tour of England to visit relatives and say good bye we will be getting on a flight to Canada next week to start a new chapter in our lives.
Phil
Phil,

am I right in thinking that you haven't yet had meds because your wife is pregnant?...

How are you moving to Canada?....what are your plans?,...... On what basis can you do this?

(I'm so envious, but I am starting making firm plans to ship out soon anyway, even tho we've only just had meds....)

Morw
Old May 19th 2005, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: We're off! (or at least in the offing!)

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Phil,

am I right in thinking that you haven't yet had meds because your wife is pregnant?...

How are you moving to Canada?....what are your plans?,...... On what basis can you do this?

(I'm so envious, but I am starting making firm plans to ship out soon anyway, even tho we've only just had meds....)

Morw
So many questions and yet so little time! No we have not done the medicals yet as my wife is pregnant. Fortunately I secured a job in Calgary so we are going over on a work permit (2 years). After the baby is born we will finish the medicals and then land in the usual manner. I got bored with waiting! Cutting long story short; tomorrow our furniture gets shiped, we collect our rental car, our cars go to the dealer. Saurday we go to a car boot sale with the rest of the stuff. Sunday anything left goes to charity or the tip. Monday we set of around the country visiting relatives. Thrusday we fly to Calgary with our dog to start a new life. Bank account is already sorted, place to stay is now rented. House hunt will begin shortly etc. etc.

I will fill details in once we get there and get settled in. I hope your plans are still on track.

All the best,

Phil
Old May 20th 2005, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: We're off! (or at least in the offing!)

So many questions and yet so little time! No we have not done the medicals yet as my wife is pregnant. Fortunately I secured a job in Calgary so we are going over on a work permit (2 years). After the baby is born we will finish the medicals and then land in the usual manner. I got bored with waiting! Cutting long story short; tomorrow our furniture gets shiped, we collect our rental car, our cars go to the dealer. Saurday we go to a car boot sale with the rest of the stuff. Sunday anything left goes to charity or the tip. Monday we set of around the country visiting relatives. Thrusday we fly to Calgary with our dog to start a new life. Bank account is already sorted, place to stay is now rented. House hunt will begin shortly etc. etc.

I will fill details in once we get there and get settled in. I hope your plans are still on track.

All the best,

Phil

Phil

I will be watching your future posts with much interest as you are doing what my husband and I are, in September. ( The first of our "stuff to sell" went about 2 hours ago!!)

Good luck and let me know how the work permit goes....

Regards

Bombards
Old May 20th 2005, 6:10 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Phil
I hope it's a good new chapter Phil.
Old May 20th 2005, 8:40 pm
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

Good luck with your move , heres wishing you all the best