Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

We're here!!!!!!!!!

We're here!!!!!!!!!

Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Mim_Pangers will become famous soon enoughMim_Pangers will become famous soon enough
Smile We're here!!!!!!!!!

Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are finally here.

Flight with Air Transat was a 9/10. Girls were almost perfect. If I had had more than an hours kip it would have been perfect. We were last off the plane (with our many bags), last through passport control, last in immigration and eventually 2hrs later emerged as Canadian residents - woohoo!! We were left in immigration with a criminal, some refugees and a mad Finnish bloke. Happy days.

I cannot tell you how fabulous it is to see my husband again. The 3 of us girls were grinning idiots when we saw him. Shame it was late and we were all exhausted. So nice to have a body in bed with me again! He has done a brilliant job of preparing things for us.

House is fantastic. H-U-G-E. Some bits not as I had imagined but all good and others have blown me away. Everything is bigger than I had anticipated: roads, houses, fridges, food etc. Wonderful!

We had a rough-ish night with girls up every couple of hours. Youngest has just crashed out. Eldest now watching tv and I am working out the washing machine, central vacuum system and thinking about a nap.

Husband is off to work today so we will go for a neighbourhood walk later to explore.

Feels very strange to finally be here and starting our new life.

Anyone who is in Edmonton give me a shout as I would love to meet up for a coffee and here about life here. Please PM me!

Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:58 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We're here!!!!!!!!!

Wow, Congratulations.....

Hope you have a bright happy future, and don't forget to update your location!

Charlie
Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all

Congratulations!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:08 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mim_Pangers
Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are finally here.

Flight with Air Transat was a 9/10. Girls were almost perfect. If I had had more than an hours kip it would have been perfect. We were last off the plane (with our many bags), last through passport control, last in immigration and eventually 2hrs later emerged as Canadian residents - woohoo!! We were left in immigration with a criminal, some refugees and a mad Finnish bloke. Happy days.

I cannot tell you how fabulous it is to see my husband again. The 3 of us girls were grinning idiots when we saw him. Shame it was late and we were all exhausted. So nice to have a body in bed with me again! He has done a brilliant job of preparing things for us.

House is fantastic. H-U-G-E. Some bits not as I had imagined but all good and others have blown me away. Everything is bigger than I had anticipated: roads, houses, fridges, food etc. Wonderful!

We had a rough-ish night with girls up every couple of hours. Youngest has just crashed out. Eldest now watching tv and I am working out the washing machine, central vacuum system and thinking about a nap.

Husband is off to work today so we will go for a neighbourhood walk later to explore.

Feels very strange to finally be here and starting our new life.

Anyone who is in Edmonton give me a shout as I would love to meet up for a coffee and here about life here. Please PM me!

congrats and welcome to Canada
Terese
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats. Welcome to Canada!

We were about to send you the Brits in Edmonton thread but see you've already found it!

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.