Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Well we've finally arrived in Calgary

Wikiposts

Well we've finally arrived in Calgary

Old Jul 4th 2006, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well we've finally arrived in Calgary

:

June 8th we finally landed in Calgary. After an exhausting few weeks we are now settled in a lovely apartment just across the road from Sunny side train station in a place called Kensington North West.

The first few week have not been easy, a few things have been a little frustrating, but we are now starting to feel settled. I think when you move you dont fully appreciate how set up you where in your lives before you left. We have certainly done some spending.

So far overall the whole experience has been a pleasant one and we are definitely getting into the more relaxed pace of life.

For the holiday weekend we hired a car and went to visit the rockies which was truly amazing. Who knows what the next few months and weeks will bring but it has certainly been a great experience so far.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 6:09 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well we've finally arrived in Calgary

Originally Posted by smelly
:

June 8th we finally landed in Calgary. After an exhausting few weeks we are now settled in a lovely apartment just across the road from Sunny side train station in a place called Kensington North West.

The first few week have not been easy, a few things have been a little frustrating, but we are now starting to feel settled. I think when you move you dont fully appreciate how set up you where in your lives before you left. We have certainly done some spending.

So far overall the whole experience has been a pleasant one and we are definitely getting into the more relaxed pace of life.

For the holiday weekend we hired a car and went to visit the rockies which was truly amazing. Who knows what the next few months and weeks will bring but it has certainly been a great experience so far.
Welcome to Cowtown.

A few of us will be at the tandoori hut on 10th street Saturday night if you want to join us.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Sounds good, I know the very place.

What time will you be their and how would we recognise you? apart from the English accent.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 6:15 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smelly
Thanks

Sounds good, I know the very place.

What time will you be their and how would we recognise you? apart from the English accent.

Well once we have it sorted I'll pm you the details.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

ok thanks
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Scotty1972 will become famous soon enoughScotty1972 will become famous soon enough

Well Smelly

It looks like you live just literally over the road from myself, welcome to Calgary.

Myself and my partner have only been here 5 weeks, and are still settling in.

PM me if you want to go for a drink.

Butch any more room at the curry house Sat night?

rgds Scotty 1972
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Scotty1972
Well Smelly

It looks like you live just literally over the road from myself, welcome to Calgary.

Myself and my partner have only been here 5 weeks, and are still settling in.

PM me if you want to go for a drink.

Butch any more room at the curry house Sat night?

rgds Scotty 1972
The more the merrier in my book.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:21 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
The more the merrier in my book.
How many so far Butch? Maybe we can book a private room or something or just take over the whole place?

That's if I'm invited of course.

Steve
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Hangman
How many so far Butch? Maybe we can book a private room or something or just take over the whole place?

That's if I'm invited of course.

Steve
Wouldnt be the same without you.
(Every party needs an old git )
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:47 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Wouldnt be the same without you.
(Every party needs an old git )
Hey any chance I can crash this party?
Old Jul 4th 2006, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Adrian7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya

HEY, Can we crash the party too? A couple of Scottish people. We won't cause no trouble.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Washington, the original one, for now. The future - who knows?
Wearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Adrian7
HEY, Can we crash the party too? A couple of Scottish people. We won't cause no trouble.
Butch

If you see them hanging back at the bar afterwards when it's their round give them a slap!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 3:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Just one?
Old Jul 4th 2006, 3:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Adrian7
Yes of course.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 3:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Wearsider
Butch

If you see them hanging back at the bar afterwards when it's their round give them a slap!
I'll set Ro on em.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.