Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A week in the life of ..

A week in the life of ..

Old Sep 26th 2006, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough
Default A week in the life of ..

Hello everyone!

I landed on the 13th of September and I am currently on my second week here in Toronto. At last

It is so nice to finally be living the dream, just a shame my bad back came with me!

Anyhow, SIN, PR card, bank account all sorted from my end. Driving licence and OHIP still to do, but I'm enjoying a couple of easy days after having to pick my boxes up from the airport.

It took five hours to get my stuff from customs. From the warehouse where my boxes were stored, I had to then take the forms they gave me to Canada Customs for stamping. Only a 10 mile detour around the airport, followed by an hours wait as there were only 2 customs officers on duty. Of course there was the 10 mile trip back to the warehouse, followed by the return drive downtown.

Thank heavens its done!

I'm getting my bike built on Thursday, so that I can start exploring the city by bike. Nice not to have to worry for looking for work for a month or two!

Anyway, enough for now, bring on the hockey!

Go Leafs!
Old Sep 26th 2006, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A week in the life of ..

Originally Posted by Wookie Wayne
Hello everyone!

I landed on the 13th of September and I am currently on my second week here in Toronto. At last

It is so nice to finally be living the dream, just a shame my bad back came with me!

Anyhow, SIN, PR card, bank account all sorted from my end. Driving licence and OHIP still to do, but I'm enjoying a couple of easy days after having to pick my boxes up from the airport.

It took five hours to get my stuff from customs. From the warehouse where my boxes were stored, I had to then take the forms they gave me to Canada Customs for stamping. Only a 10 mile detour around the airport, followed by an hours wait as there were only 2 customs officers on duty. Of course there was the 10 mile trip back to the warehouse, followed by the return drive downtown.

Thank heavens its done!

I'm getting my bike built on Thursday, so that I can start exploring the city by bike. Nice not to have to worry for looking for work for a month or two!

Anyway, enough for now, bring on the hockey!

Go Leafs!
Congratulations on your landing. Biking is an awesome way to see the city there are hundreds of trails. Welcome to Canada
Old Sep 26th 2006, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Congratulations on your landing. Biking is an awesome way to see the city there are hundreds of trails. Welcome to Canada
Why thank you very much, I'm looking forward to taking some time off and getting fit.

I even have a cycle map to follow as well, but may be able to get some friends to show me around also.

Thanks again
Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

flipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations, im soooooooo envious.enjoy the experience
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

TheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to behold

Welcome!!!!! We were in Toronto about 4 weeks ago for the night, we went to a fantastic club, didn't get back to the hotel til 6am!!!!!! No more kicking out times!!!!

Jo x
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:32 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Biking is an awesome way to see the city
But not so much in January and February

Welcome Wayne...Good Luck!