Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Weather here in the Okanagan.....

Weather here in the Okanagan.....

Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

joggerjo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Weather here in the Okanagan.....

Hi everyone,

I know that the UK has been having some pretty decent weather recently, but I want to just mention our weather too......... it is beautiful here, I have just got up to a lake view, blue blue skies and temperatures are expecting to be 30 again today!!!! It has reminded me of why we choose to come to this part of Canada. I have to wait in all day for the telephone to be connected so will be lazying around in the sunshine all day..............sorry!!!!

JJ
Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather here in the Okanagan.....

Originally posted by joggerjo
Hi everyone,

I know that the UK has been having some pretty decent weather recently, but I want to just mention our weather too......... it is beautiful here, I have just got up to a lake view, blue blue skies and temperatures are expecting to be 30 again today!!!! It has reminded me of why we choose to come to this part of Canada. I have to wait in all day for the telephone to be connected so will be lazying around in the sunshine all day..............sorry!!!!

JJ

HI JJ

I've got the day off work today... I'd say I scored weather wise!!We're going to take advantage of the weather and do some more sight seeing this weekend. Probably head up the lake towards Carrs Landing for a picnic.

It was actually good to see the rain appear over the past couple weeks.... don't want a repeat of last year!!

Enjoy your day in the sunshine!

(Oggy)
Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

joggerjo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by NessieOggy
HI JJ

I've got the day off work today... I'd say I scored weather wise!!We're going to take advantage of the weather and do some more sight seeing this weekend. Probably head up the lake towards Carrs Landing for a picnic.

It was actually good to see the rain appear over the past couple weeks.... don't want a repeat of last year!!

Enjoy your day in the sunshine!

(Oggy)
........very true, we were living in Naramata at the time!

Enjoy your day off - are we becoming like typical Okanaganites, having the day off and heading for the beach on those hot days?!!!!! Only joking, I know they don't really do that - ha!

JJ
Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by joggerjo
........very true, we were living in Naramata at the time!

Enjoy your day off - are we becoming like typical Okanaganites, having the day off and heading for the beach on those hot days?!!!!! Only joking, I know they don't really do that - ha!

JJ
I am one of those typical Okanaganites.... a hometowner who doesn't get the chance to enjoy the beaches during the week (bummer!!!!). Thankful for airconditioning though!

Hubby is coming in from the UK and will have another summer to enjoy by the looks of the "speedy nature of CIC".

It was pretty scary stuff in around Naramata last year. We were on the other side and I'm sure it didn't look much better here!

Glad you found a home to call your own here... enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

(Oggy)