Which way?

Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Deitch34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which way?

Evening all, help! having thought long and hard and purchased new suitcases in the sales, I have decided on making the leap from Lincolnshire to Vancouver, however, unsure as to which route to take, do I apply for a TWP or carry on with a Skilled worker, which would be quicker? Have re-wrote my CV for the Canadian market and am set for sending it out to prospective employers (my job is on the list) My passport has been sent for renewal, have the funds in an account that can be used in Canada, have no worries with a CRB check but ideally want to aim for July/Aug of this year just want some good advice as to how to proceed as I can't seem to get a 'voice' when I ring all the helplines/advice lines??

Any help/advice would be fantastic!
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Which way?

hi im in the same boat as you although im struggling to get a job offer im a carpenter.
have you had a job offer yet
thanks dean h
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by redarmy990
hi im in the same boat as you although im struggling to get a job offer im a carpenter.
have you had a job offer yet
thanks dean h
Hi,,,yes but then they decided they would rather I went to New Zealand for them, was going to consider it but Canada is my first choice and really want to move there.

How about you?
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

canada all the way worked in calgary in 2008 but had to come home after 2 month as my wife had a very serious car smash. work permit runs out at end of feb.the company i worked for had nothing for me when i wanted to return.so looking for a job offer heres hoping
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

canada all the way worked in calgary in 2008 but had to come home after 2 month as my wife had a very serious car smash. work permit runs out at end of feb.the company i worked for had nothing for me when i wanted to return.so looking for a job offer heres hoping
Hope your wife is ok now....

Fingers crossed for you, if you don't get one in time does that mean that any offer you get after Feb would be based on them getting an LMO again?
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheers wifes great now thanks.because the work permit was for the one company i need to acquire an lmo anyway.but sounds like this will be really hard to get.so who knows what will happen
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

cheers wifes great now thanks.because the work permit was for the one company i need to acquire an lmo anyway.but sounds like this will be really hard to get.so who knows what will happen
How hard was it to get the last time?
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

i went on job bank canada at 8 30pm uk time. sent an email at 8.55. got a call at 10pm from canada.had a telephone interview the day after ,received written job offer and lmo 5 weeks later.sent off my temp work permit app .all in all i was in canada 3 months after the first telephone conversation. so quite fast
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

i went on job bank canada at 8 30pm uk time. sent an email at 8.55. got a call at 10pm from canada.had a telephone interview the day after ,received written job offer and lmo 5 weeks later.sent off my temp work permit app .all in all i was in canada 3 months after the first telephone conversation. so quite fast
Wow! that was fast, will have to check out that website! Thanks