Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

watching our home go into a container....

watching our home go into a container....

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 1:45 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default watching our home go into a container....

my home is full of box's, four men are trappsing all over the house and i've got this for four days!!!! bacon sarnies and huge amounts of coffee, every hour, on the hour.......organised chaos.....lorries in the drive, wooden crates everywhere......suitcases are packed, over wieight of course; going to have to pay more at airport......kids both cried today......maddness!!! BUT, i am tinged with sadness, lots of happiness and anticipation.........OMG..........have to say though, can't fault pickfords so far, amazing watching the packing going on........monday 'CANADA'......
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: watching our home go into a container....

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
my home is full of box's, four men are trappsing all over the house and i've got this for four days!!!! bacon sarnies and huge amounts of coffee, every hour, on the hour.......organised chaos.....lorries in the drive, wooden crates everywhere......suitcases are packed, over wieight of course; going to have to pay more at airport......kids both cried today......maddness!!! BUT, i am tinged with sadness, lots of happiness and anticipation.........OMG..........have to say though, can't fault pickfords so far, amazing watching the packing going on........monday 'CANADA'......
Good luck hun, won't be long now,
Can't imagine what it must be like but hope to find out one day
I should imagine its a very bittersweet expieriance, bet you can't wait to see hubby again expect you will all have a few tears and some before monday good luck x
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 2:26 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck, no doubt you emotions will be a little all over the place.

All the best with the move
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes with the final packing and hope it's a smooth journey over.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

katiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nice

Our stuff got packed and put into storage 3 weeks ago, till we're ready to ship it next month, so we're managing with whatever is left.

It's a peculiar feeling, watching your life get put into little boxes - and looking at what's left... well I don't suppose I'd give any of it house-room if I were starting again! - it all looks like so much rubbish - like left-over jumble after a rummage sale

It's supposed to be a very 'cleansing' experience, moving home - moving country - and I guess that, once we've got over the shock of it, we might begin to appreciate the fact that we carry with us in our hearts and minds and memories whatever is most important.

Good luck with the move and happy landing .

Katie
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy the bacon sarnies while you can cant get them here
Would you please post one to me here pretty please
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 3:19 pm
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

moonriver is an unknown quantity at this point

All our stuff went into a container a fortnight ago. It should be arriving in Haifa tomorrow. It usually takes a week for it to get through customs although this can vary apparantly. I'm desperate to sit on a comfortable chair and sleep in my bed again. Strange feeling isn't it seeing your life and all your memories go in a container.
All the best with the move!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

We found the hardest thing (apart from saying our goodbyes!) was seeing our belongings disappear off into the distance. But it was the greatest feeling seeing all our stuff being offloaded at our new home in Canada!!
Get over the rotten bits and you'll have wonderful and exciting things to look forward to.
Good luck to you on your move.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 3:34 pm
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of

Hi Gibsons

The next stage begins heh? I am up to 6 suitcases so far, crammed and dreading the excess to pay but I can't par it down any more.

I will be experiencing your stress next Tuesday and Wednesday - gulp - where's the wine I must have an emergency stash somewhere.

All the best.

The Ross Family
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 3:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Nearly time to crack open a bottle of wine I reckon!

Good luck with it, hope this weekend's packing goes smoothly and the nerves/excitement stay vaguely under control.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Monkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to all

Wait til you see it drive away! Now, THAT is a moment. I had tears ...of exhaustion, sheer relief and joy that it was done at last.

(Then again, we've lived on Vancouver Island for 2 years so we're desperate to get our stuff which had been in storage. It's coming to the house on Friday having left Southampton on 22 Dec.)

Good luck! Remember to breathe! Eat Galaxy chocolate while you can (or while you can without paying a small fortune for it ... )

MP
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:42 pm
swoops

swoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to all

Good luck and best wishes gibsonslanding...

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Enjoy the bacon sarnies while you can cant get them here
Would you please post one to me here pretty please
Wot No road side greasy spoon cafes...Gremmie..

Last edited by swoops; Feb 3rd 2009 at 6:44 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

moonriver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Monkey Puzzle
Wait til you see it drive away! Now, THAT is a moment. I had tears ...of exhaustion, sheer relief and joy that it was done at last.

(Then again, we've lived on Vancouver Island for 2 years so we're desperate to get our stuff which had been in storage. It's coming to the house on Friday having left Southampton on 22 Dec.)

Good luck! Remember to breathe! Eat Galaxy chocolate while you can (or while you can without paying a small fortune for it ... )

MP
I know the feeling!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swoops
Good luck and best wishes gibsonslanding...

Wot No road side greasy spoon cafes...Gremmie..
They have those,,just no proper bacon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.