Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

washington passport time

washington passport time

Old Mar 18th 2010, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice
Default washington passport time

A thread somewhere said passports were taking 8 weeks now from washington. My renewel has just taken 4
Old Mar 18th 2010, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of
Default Re: washington passport time

Originally Posted by markan
A thread somewhere said passports were taking 8 weeks now from washington. My renewel has just taken 4
Wow, I thought they would be much quicker than that.
Got 2 to have renewed before Summer so I guess I'd better not slouch around!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

They centralized the system for the Americas and the Caribbean in October, 2009 and it looks like they had some teething problems. I think they are now picking up speed.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Bonestable will become famous soon enough

They had a big backlog which they were blaming on the snowstorms.

It looks like they are hopefully clearing the backlog as they seem to be getting faster. My husband's renewal just took 6 weeks.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:57 pm
Banned

MrsBritain is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope this is true.
We applied for Canadian Citizenship last May and got it. Unfortunately my parents became ill and we're heading back on a one way ticket in July and have been told to get UK passports for my kids (their UK ones expire this week and I had got them Canadian passports as they are dual citizens - BIG PROBLEM - ONE WAY TICKET FOREIGN PASSPORT so we've been advised by the consulate in Ottawa to get them UK passports - more expense, but we don't want any prob at airport, so sent off to Washngton DC for UK passports for them last week - just hope they get returned to us in time.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsBritain
I hope this is true.
We applied for Canadian Citizenship last May and got it. Unfortunately my parents became ill and we're heading back on a one way ticket in July and have been told to get UK passports for my kids (their UK ones expire this week and I had got them Canadian passports as they are dual citizens - BIG PROBLEM - ONE WAY TICKET FOREIGN PASSPORT so we've been advised by the consulate in Ottawa to get them UK passports - more expense, but we don't want any prob at airport, so sent off to Washngton DC for UK passports for them last week - just hope they get returned to us in time.
1. I am not aware of any legal mandate to have a return ticket if using a Canadian passport.

2. A Right of Abode stamp would have been quicker than a British passport, as Ottawa still deals with these.

3. NORMALLY, 3 months is long enough to get a British passport out of Washington, assuming they don't send the application back for some reason.