Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Warning to Newcomers

Warning to Newcomers

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:52 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Warning to Newcomers

Hi all

Sorry about the title but I had to get your attention somehow

I joined this site about three weeks ago and I can't seem to be able to get off it. Very Very addictive. You will find lots of info and meet lots of new people in the same situation as you.

I am looking into moving to Calgary (fingers crossed) it might happen. I have managed to get my husband on board now and it is all very exciting. Just waiting for the EngineerYourCareer lot to get back to us.

British Expats website pretty much takes up most of your time. Enjoy
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Manda G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Warning to Newcomers

Hi
Im new on here. So you have not actually moved yet then? We are going to Canada in Setember to have a look to move out there have you been over to have a look? Im trying to get all the info i can before we go. Can you help? things like what we need? dont really no where to start THanks
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:16 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mandy

No we haven't moved yet. My husband and I have taken holidays to Banff and just love it. Skiing is pretty much the main reason why I want to go and quality of lifestyle. We are not a couple that keep up with the jones' and I think england is starting to loose its Englishness (if you get my meaning)

Where do you start, I have no idea. What do you do and your husband.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Im a childminder and my husband is a hgv driver he likes the look of Westcan i no if he gets a job with them they can sponser him we also have a daughter who 18mths. I know exactly what you mean about england losing its Englishness this is part of the reason we want to go and i want my daughter to feel safe when she is growing up if you no what i mean! When are you looking to move out there?
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:34 pm

We will only go if my husband gets a job before hand. He is a Chartered Structural Engineer. The Engineers in Alberta do a job fair in London and we are hoping that they offer him an interview.

If you go into the Wiki section at the top that will be a good place for you to start your research. Most of the members will tell new members to go there before they post a topic on the board. You can also search a topic and past threads will come up. Most qustions have already been asked and answered.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much for your help
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:39 pm

Hi Manda

Me again, check this website out www.mls.ca

It is a house buying website for Canada and covers all areas and will be pretty self explanatory when you get there.

I probally won't hear from you today if you venture over there.

Goodluck
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Ive been on mls.ca went on to have a quick look a week last thursday and not really come of it since lol some of the houses are beautiful but they are abit dated inside like going back to the 70's haha but you can get so much for your money i couldnt belive how cheap is was
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:54 pm

They just need some tarting up. Just think it will keep you busy.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:29 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

indeedy a v v additctive site -as is MLS!!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

frederick barima is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Warning to Newcomers

Hello, my wife, children i visited canada last year and loved it, we decided to relocate permenently, we decided to use an immigration relocation consultant, it was costly and we havnt had much joy from there job place ment agency but i had been applying for jobs myself and managed to get a job offer in a heli skiing resort, we are currently waiting on the e-lmo approval and will hopefully leave may.

it was nice to read about so many other people im our situation

i though i should become a member and share my storys
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:46 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frederick barima
Hello, my wife, children i visited canada last year and loved it, we decided to relocate permenently, we decided to use an immigration relocation consultant, it was costly and we havnt had much joy from there job place ment agency but i had been applying for jobs myself and managed to get a job offer in a heli skiing resort, we are currently waiting on the e-lmo approval and will hopefully leave may.

Yup - do join us
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

MadMitch has a spectacular aura aboutMadMitch has a spectacular aura aboutMadMitch has a spectacular aura about

Yep, this has to be the most addictive site I've ever been on.

We are hoping to make the move to Canada too & I've spent days reading through the Wiki and following various threads, getting as much info as I can before we go on our reccie trip in June. The Wiki is invaluable.

There are so many people on here willing to help others in the same situation I've found it's one of the friendliest places to be a newcomer.

Sue.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:18 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MadMitch

There are so many people on here willing to help others in the same situation I've found it's one of the friendliest places to be a newcomer.

Sue.
Now that IS nice to hear. We're not such a bad bunch really, so long as people don't barge in here waving their arms about, criticising those existing members and demanding instant answers to (really) silly questions etc
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:57 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
Hi all

Sorry about the title but I had to get your attention somehow

I joined this site about three weeks ago and I can't seem to be able to get off it. Very Very addictive. You will find lots of info and meet lots of new people in the same situation as you.

I am looking into moving to Calgary (fingers crossed) it might happen. I have managed to get my husband on board now and it is all very exciting. Just waiting for the EngineerYourCareer lot to get back to us.

British Expats website pretty much takes up most of your time. Enjoy
Originally Posted by Manda G
Hi
Im new on here. So you have not actually moved yet then? We are going to Canada in Setember to have a look to move out there have you been over to have a look? Im trying to get all the info i can before we go. Can you help? things like what we need? dont really no where to start THanks
Originally Posted by frederick barima

Originally Posted by MadMitch
Yep, this has to be the most addictive site I've ever been on.

We are hoping to make the move to Canada too & I've spent days reading through the Wiki and following various threads, getting as much info as I can before we go on our reccie trip in June. The Wiki is invaluable.

Sue.
Hello all, yep it's an addictive and very helpful site, but it's also full of very mad people so please remember to wear a mask before entering or you could turn slightly mad and never get off here and make stupid remarks and............. (shakes head and looks around) where am I, how did I get here, what is that white thing I'm wearing.......................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.