Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Want to move to Canada!

Want to move to Canada!

Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

tsingh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Want to move to Canada!

Started to finally fill forms in! doing the simplified process but when they ask for the form for formal education from what point should i include it from?

first school?

Also im not using a representative but is it good to have one? got my uncle out there but whats the purpose of a representative?

Also in regards to fee do i have to pay for both of us at the beginning? not really clear on the website

plus is it $1040 each cos they add an additional fee of $490 whats that for?

cheers

Last edited by tsingh; Aug 21st 2006 at 10:50 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tsingh
Started to finally fill forms in! doing the simplified process but when they ask for the form for formal education from what point should i include it from?

first school?

Also im not using a representative but is it good to have one? got my uncle out there but whats the purpose of a representative?

Also in regards to fee do i have to pay for both of us at the beginning? not really clear on the website

plus is it $1040 each cos they add an additional fee of $490 whats that for?

cheers
These are questions best asked on the Immigration Forum and if you search there, you will find lots of additional info.

The forms are detailed, just read all the guidelines, systematically answer the questions with lots of detail and do your best, no need for a representative unless you are really struggling with the forms.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

tsingh is on a distinguished road

cheers

been on other immigration forums but they are not very informatitive!

another question do i need to pay the following fees on my initial application:

Applicant: $550 (processing fee) + $490 (RPRF) = $1040
Spouse/Partner: $550 (processing fee) + $490 (RPRF)= $1040

not clear!

cheers
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:36 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

As Yonk pointed out, these questions are best asked on the "immigration" forum. If you go back to the main BE forum index and scroll down you will find "Canada Immigration"

I'm not meaning to be unfriendly, but this forum is for "Lifestyle and Culture" discussions as per the title. If you go to the right forum you will find there are immigration experts there and everybody else is at a similar stage to yourselves and it will be of more help to you.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Link to immigration forum - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tsingh
cheers

been on other immigration forums but they are not very informatitive!

another question do i need to pay the following fees on my initial application:

Applicant: $550 (processing fee) + $490 (RPRF) = $1040
Spouse/Partner: $550 (processing fee) + $490 (RPRF)= $1040

not clear!

cheers
You need to pay both processing fees at the time that the application is submitted. You can also pay the RPRF fees then, but most people leave paying them until asked to forward the fee (usually at medical request stage). What you choose to do depends upon whether you want the interest on those sums to accrue in your bank account or that of CHC