Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Wanna free trip to the Rock for Paddys day?

Wanna free trip to the Rock for Paddys day?

Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanna free trip to the Rock for Paddys day?

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Woa, you have been away a long time You did alright getting out when you did, just as the sh*t was hitting the fan big time. I think you get a different perspective having to live in it. Things will certainly have changed though, no more army since last summer!I'll be seeing how it goes in Toronto when I get there, what happens after that isn't set in stone, I'll see what happens. I don't hate it here or anything, more a case of 'why not'? I don't see myself living in NI all my life & Canada seems to have this pull for me. It's funny though, at home it's dangerous to be patriotic.....Keep your opinions to yourself, don't mention it, make no eye contact. As soon as I am out of the county I am the biggest partiot around, there's no stopping me!
You can't beat a good Irish pub for that! Well done with the music recordings and all, I love traditional live music. If you have anything online that I can download I would be most interested
Yeah things sure have changed in the old country since last Spring - the terrorists are now officially running the place through Stormont and by all accounts all the parties as usual are making a real balls of it
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
And I thought he was using the Ulster-Scot spelling for the fun of it, too
Oh yeah that's a language these days isn't it
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Oh yeah that's a language these days isn't it
And your're the one moving back to all that crap, my girl It's not to late to change your mind, come on over to me and try Saskatchewan
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

And your're the one moving back to all that crap, my girl It's not to late to change your mind, come on over to me and try Saskatchewan
Being in Canada for 8 years has made me a bit soft in the head

Last edited by Elaine B.; Mar 6th 2008 at 1:08 am.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Being in Canada for 8 years has made he a bit soft in the head
You'll fit in well in Norn Iron then
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:25 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah things sure have changed in the old country since last Spring - the terrorists are now officially running the place through Stormont and by all accounts all the parties as usual are making a real balls of it
Yes indeed, if you didn't laugh you would cry!.........It's like living in a mental hospital with the inmates in charge.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes indeed, if you didn't laugh you would cry!.........It's like living in a mental hospital with the inmates in charge.
I was a very politically minded person all my life and I have only been here 7 weeks and can really see how mental it all is looking from the outside in

It is sooo refreshing NOT to hear anything about Norn Iron politics, it is quite unbelievalbe, it has taken me by surprise
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

I was a very politically minded person all my life and I have only been here 7 weeks and can really see how mental it all is looking from the outside in

It is sooo refreshing NOT to hear anything about Norn Iron politics, it is quite unbelievalbe, it has taken me by surprise
I know what you mean at first I thought the local news was really boring no mention of knee capping, petrol bombs or Joy Riders

Actually we lived in Montreal when we first moved to Canada and in some ways it reminded me of Northern Ireland only the issue was French and English not Catholic and Protestant. There used to be quiet a few heated debates in the little coffee shop I worked in.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:08 am
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future

Seconded!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by roanin
Seconded!
Maybe you should get together and start a petition
Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Maybe you should get together and start a petition
What - all two of us
Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

What - all two of us
Hey it's a start!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:37 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Thirded
I could always go to the airport & try to head her off before it's too late!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Thirded
I could always go to the airport & try to head her off before it's too late!
Better bring the men in white coats with you