Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Waiting for the Thumbs Up!

Waiting for the Thumbs Up!

Old Jul 19th 2010, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough
Default Waiting for the Thumbs Up!

Hi all,
I was just wondering how many other people are sat out there waiting for a reply about their visa application?
How are you coping? Are your nerves shot to bits? Incessently checking post or e-mails? Trying to make plans but with no time line to work to?

We are waiting for news about my application to SINP,I know they have been processing it since June 26th and it can take about 11 weeks but it does seem to dragging.....
1 car sold,house sold and happily selling everything on e-bay that we are not taking, we are both struggling to do the day to day job thing when we daren't really tell work what we are planning.

As soon as we get 'The Letter of Nomination' we will be full speed ahead... soooo looking forward to moving and starting our new life together...

Thanks for listening,
Keith.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 3:57 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting for the Thumbs Up!

Good luck
Old Jul 19th 2010, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

We are in a very similar position, though without the 'selling stuff' part! We had a request for additional info which we sent off last week, so I now find myself checking emails all the time, just in case there is some news, even though I'd be surprised if the letter has reached NS yet!
I really can't be doing with the day job, particularly because I cannot tell anyone about Canada which means I can't talk to anyone about it despite it being the main thing going round and round in my head at the moment . Also my day job doesn't have much to do with what I hope to do over there, but it sure gets in the way of trying to work on other things

I feel nervous, anxious, wanting to think it's going to happen but not daring to think that, wanting to plan but not being able to... I had no idea it was going to be this bad! I thought the worst part was getting the info together to apply, but it would appear not - and this is only the provincial stage
Old Jul 19th 2010, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

hiyatran is an unknown quantity at this point

when my girl-friend got her visa it was very quick. I think it just depends on the time of the year. If it sometimes close to Christmas then everything seem to be coming to a stand still.

hope you get it soon.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 7:50 pm
887 lb pumpkin

flipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by KeithSonja
Hi all,
I was just wondering how many other people are sat out there waiting for a reply about their visa application?
How are you coping? Are your nerves shot to bits? Incessently checking post or e-mails? Trying to make plans but with no time line to work to?

We are waiting for news about my application to SINP,I know they have been processing it since June 26th and it can take about 11 weeks but it does seem to dragging.....
1 car sold,house sold and happily selling everything on e-bay that we are not taking, we are both struggling to do the day to day job thing when we daren't really tell work what we are planning.

As soon as we get 'The Letter of Nomination' we will be full speed ahead... soooo looking forward to moving and starting our new life together...

Thanks for listening,
Keith.
Are you aware how long it can take after you recieve your nomination? For instance, my paperwork was started in London on Jan 13 2010, we have done our medicals but are still waiting, so don't hold your breath.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

We have been told that once we have our 'Letter of Nomination' we have 2 options,

1, Send it to London to process the PR app (which can take months) or
2, Land in Canada and it can get processed there, that will be a TWP to start with and then the PR is processed,this will take about 8-9 months.

We have been told this by my future employer. I have a job offer in hand.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,
We are quite lucky with our time scale and I am in full admiration of you guys out there who have had to wait for upto 2+yrs to get your life moving again.

The gist of the thread was to hear how other people where getting thru the un-known waiting time?

And izzi81,
I feel nervous, anxious, wanting to think it's going to happen but not daring to think that, wanting to plan but not being able to... I had no idea it was going to be this bad! I thought the worst part was getting the info together to apply, but it would appear not - and this is only the provincial stage
We sooo agree with you!!