Reload this Page >

Visitor needing encouragement/advice/direction

Visitor needing encouragement/advice/direction

Old Mar 8th 2013, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

alexxtdot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visitor needing encouragement/advice/direction

Hello Everyone

New-ish poster here after a few years of reading about how best to come over to Canada. I have found so much information from all of you, this site really is my goto place daily.

Currently i'm 4 months into my first 6months of being a visitor and planning on applying for an extension. I am in a relationship with a Canadian and living together with his parents in Ontario. The plan was to live together for a year then go down the spousal sponsorship route. However my boyfriend is having problems right now finding work and we are not gathering very much information to prove we are in a relationship. His parents are amazing and support us as much as they can, hopefully that will help grant my extension.
I am also getting my own resume together in hopes I will find an employer willing to go through the LMO process. My experience is in customer service, mainly retail and reception. Am I wasting my time doing this as I know it is low-skilled and not the hardest occupations for Canadians to fill, although I do have experience as a retail supervisor which I believe is under NOC code-B. I'm a bit confused as to whether that is still an option to apply for as the rules seem to be changing lately.

Anyone who has been through a similar situation I would be grateful of some encouragement or anyone who knows any other alternative route that would work for us any advice welcome. (I'm 34 UK citizen so I know IEC isn't one)

Thanks for reading
Alex
Old Mar 8th 2013, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor needing encouragement/advice/direction

IMHO getting an LMO is your best route apart from getting married.
FSW will be changing in May so you might want to read this bulletin
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2013-03-01.asp
You still have a few months left before you even consider common law route.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

jaminsk1 will become famous soon enough

We did the spousal visa and regarding the in a relationship proof - we had lots and lots of photo's, statements from friends and relatives, copies of passport stamps from visits etc. I think the more proof that you can get, the better - every little scrap helps IMO.

good luck!
Old Mar 9th 2013, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

alexxtdot is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for your opinions and info
jaminsk1-I had a nosy at your blog page... love reading about other stories. I'm glad things are going well for you

Alex
Old Mar 9th 2013, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

Lemony Snicket is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaminsk1
We did the spousal visa and regarding the in a relationship proof - we had lots and lots of photo's, statements from friends and relatives, copies of passport stamps from visits etc. I think the more proof that you can get, the better - every little scrap helps IMO.

good luck!
Yes, exactly. When I moved to Canada with my wife (Canadian) we provided the dept., with as much info as we could find including lots of pics. This was actually recommended by immigration themselves. You can't have too much, but you can have too little, so go the extra mile. Good luck