Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Visa for Skilled Worker/Professional applicants points question...

Visa for Skilled Worker/Professional applicants points question...

Old Dec 12th 2001, 9:34 am
RichardT

Hi,

I am having a look to see if I am elegible to get a Visa to come and work in Canada.

I was looking at the CanadaVisa.com web site and did their points score for Skilled Worker/Professional applicants and managed to get a unsuccesfull 59 (need 70). However I did not take into account the interview and the Education and Training section. My question is

Even though I have already got 13 points for the Education section do I still qualify for 15 points for the Education and Training section for the same qualification, or is it for different "on the job training"?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Richard T.

Old Dec 12th 2001, 11:41 am
James Metcalfe

Whether you get 15 for ETF wil depend on the ocupations and the minimum educationsal
requirements for that occupation. In the absence of the info, no one can answer your
question. Jim Metcalfe , Consultant

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 12th 2001, 2:35 pm
David Cohen

says...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Your score on the Education factor and your score on the ETF factor are separate.
Whereas the Education factor is based on your academic training, the ETF factor is
based on your intended occupation.

There are numerous occupations in which you could earn 15 units on the ETF factor,
and which would allow for an occupation which earns 13 units. Specific knowledge of
the details of your case would be required to advise you of the exact scores that you
would earn.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
[email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community