Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Visa Rejection

Visa Rejection

Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

The Hampsons is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Visa Rejection

We started our skilled worker application in October 2007.
Got ourselves an immigration lawyer to assist us in the process.

Last year we were advised that our application had been selected to be part of group to be assessed in a trial Processing Pilot in Ottowa.

We have recently been advised that our application has failed, due to my 'failure' to provide enough "independent evidence of the employment duties", and we have no recourse for appeal.

We have approached the solicitor and been advised that there is no chance to introduce any further evidence at this point.

The question is.............What Do We Do Now?

We still want to make the move.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:51 pm
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Rejection

Hi sorry to hear of your rejection. Where were you hoping to move to? What sort of employment were you hoping to move into?

There are a number of different routes to PR visas and one option could be a Provincial Nomination (PNP) A number of provinces offer this and some streams allow the application without skilled worker status or job offers. (Usually the less populated areas)

JD
Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:15 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Hampsons
We started our skilled worker application in October 2007.

Last year we were advised that our application had been selected to be part of group to be assessed in a trial Processing Pilot in Ottowa.

We have recently been advised that our application has failed, due to my 'failure' to provide enough "independent evidence of the employment duties", and we have no recourse for appeal.

We have approached the solicitor and been advised that there is no chance to introduce any further evidence at this point.

I would be asking the lawyer why he sent my pack in without the correct documents to back up our claim. What occupation were you applying under and what evidence did you supply?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:59 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

Hi

I think you mean you paid for the services of an immigration professsional who failed in providing you suitable advice.

I am surprised you have no route to appeal. I would not take the lawyer's word for it.....it aint been so good so far by the sounds of it.

Oh yeah thats why you are asking on the forum. I hope someone comes along with some experience on this.

I would be asking the lawyer for the money back as a start!

Cheers

JB

PS just to let you know what we did on our 2007 application for work duties etc, I provided contracts (x2) and references from the two companies (headed note paper and HR signitures) which include job description.......I had added this so you can compare to what you sent.

Last edited by JB0591; Mar 25th 2011 at 12:02 am.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 1:37 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by JB0591
Hi

I think you mean you paid for the services of an immigration professsional who failed in providing you suitable advice.

I am surprised you have no route to appeal. I would not take the lawyer's word for it.....it aint been so good so far by the sounds of it.

Oh yeah thats why you are asking on the forum. I hope someone comes along with some experience on this.

I would be asking the lawyer for the money back as a start!

Cheers

JB

PS just to let you know what we did on our 2007 application for work duties etc, I provided contracts (x2) and references from the two companies (headed note paper and HR signitures) which include job description.......I had added this so you can compare to what you sent.
1. There is no appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division for FSW.
2. You can file "leave to appeal" to the Federal Court of Canada if there was an error made, but it is not cheap. You have 60 days to file the leave.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 11:14 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

This doesn't appear to be the usual run of the mill FSW application though, or should I say it was not processed in the accepted manner anyway.

What's to say that the 'trial Processing Pilot' in Ottawa. wasn't flawed in some way?

After all if it was a trial maybe appealing via the federal court might produce a positive result in this instance.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 12:36 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james.mc
This doesn't appear to be the usual run of the mill FSW application though, or should I say it was not processed in the accepted manner anyway.

What's to say that the 'trial Processing Pilot' in Ottawa. wasn't flawed in some way?

After all if it was a trial maybe appealing via the federal court might produce a positive result in this instance.
I agree and even though they state there is no process to appeal - if you feel you HAVE provided the correct documentation and they do show the correct duties as listed in the NOC then I would have the lawyer contact them to state this fact and ask them to re-open your file and continue with your application.

The amount of things that CIC get wrong and once prodded, they back down, is actually a lot more than you would ever think.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I note that everyone has been quick to blame your lawyer. What info did you supply? Why do you believe it was insufficient? Did your lawyer indicate to you that it was likely to be insufficient? Why were you not able to supply the appropriate information at the outset?
Old Mar 25th 2011, 2:13 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with AmyDavid what sort of an immigration professional would have you send unsatisfactory documents to back up the most important part of the "skilled worker" application?

I'd be all over that "professional" for my money back.

Best of luck going forward though- I hope if works out in the end.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I note that everyone has been quick to blame your lawyer. What info did you supply? Why do you believe it was insufficient? Did your lawyer indicate to you that it was likely to be insufficient? Why were you not able to supply the appropriate information at the outset?
Ooh your such a lawyer... But we still love you
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:33 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

sometimes things happen for a reason..so give it up

or i guess you could reapply under the new system?
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
sometimes things happen for a reason..so give it up

or i guess you could reapply under the new system?
Why would you give it up? That seems crazalicious advice?
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

As a fellow rejectee I really do feel your pain especially after such a long wait.

We briefly considered appealing on our decision but felt the cost vs outcome was way too risky....we probably had no grounds tho tbh.

There are other ways to get here. I hit the job market hard and landed a job, got a TWP and we are now currently waiting for PR again.

It actually worked out better this way all round despite loosing our initial $1400

Good luck!
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:46 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

simple.. sometimes things aren't meant to be and the reason becomes apparent later on..im just looking at this from a different angle thats all
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

I think it's Amy who is crazalicious

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.