Reload this Page >

Victoria BC live music & Music schools

Victoria BC live music & Music schools

Old Sep 5th 2012, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Percypeanuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Victoria BC live music & Music schools

Hi everybody,

This is an awesome forum and I've learnt loads from it already. Just looking for a bit of an insight really so here goes:

I'm drum teacher and musician from the UK and currently exploring the self employed visa route of coming to Canada.
Victoria is our destination of choice as we've got family there and fell in love with the place when we visited.

Are there any musicians/teachers on here or anyone currently in Victoria who has kids taking music lessons privately or in schools? Is there a good choice of teachers and schools and are the tuition fees reasonable? I've spoken to one school who were really helpful but it would be good to get another perspective.

Also is there much live music on the island and in Victoria? I travel all over the Uk playing with various artists and musicians doing all sorts of gigs. Ive played infront of 1000's of people an ive done quite a few gigs infront of no one!! Im expecting Canada to be no different. Do many people regularly commute to Vancoucer and is there much of a music scene there?

Thanks

Paul
Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of
Default Re: Victoria BC live music & Music schools

Lots of live music, mostly local stuff though. The main arena in Victoria itself does get quite a few big names, but there is a good live music scene, several festivals, pubs with live music etc. The "really big" stuff usually means either a trip to Vancouver or down to Seattle, neither is a particularly massive trip but for a top act you are looking at $500 for ticket/travel/hotel.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Percypeanuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Victoria BC live music & Music schools

Hi PaulandNikki,

thanks for the reply.
Good to hear there is a bit of a local scene. Hopefully a few bands needing a drummer in the not to distant future!!

Paul.