Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Vancouver: where young families are living

Vancouver: where young families are living

Old May 29th 2012, 2:37 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vancouver: where young families are living

According to Census, less children in West Van, North Vancouver, and Vancouver itself (which means public schools will be under pressure to close)

Young families moving into places on rapid transit lines or with affordable housing: Richmond, Burnaby, New West, Surrey, Langley, Chilliwhack, Port Moody/Coquitlam, Ridge/Meadows according to CBC radio.

You're welcome

Last edited by ExKiwilass; May 29th 2012 at 3:35 pm.
Old May 29th 2012, 3:36 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vancouver: where young families are living

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
According to Census, less children in West Van, North Vancouver, and Vancouver itself (which means public schools will be under pressure to close)

Young families moving into places on rapid transit lines or with affordable housing: Richmond, Burnaby, New West, Surrey, Langley, Chilliwhack, Port Moody/Coquitlam, Ridge/Meadows according to CBC radio.

You're welcome
Yep, they're being priced out, which is a shame
Old May 29th 2012, 6:25 pm
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Yep, they're being priced out, which is a shame
yes it is...although live is pretty rosy down here? staring to feel fortunate that i was priced out
Old May 29th 2012, 6:45 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boy d
yes it is...although live is pretty rosy down here? staring to feel fortunate that i was priced out
It would be nice but it's not the best of commutes if you work downtown. I would imagine even more so if you have a young family
Old May 29th 2012, 8:29 pm
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

It would be nice but it's not the best of commutes if you work downtown. I would imagine even more so if you have a young family
no you are right. I actually ended up in the reverse situation...commuting from the north shore to north surrey...hell.. and the mrs was commuting to white rock....the move made sense really.

It's sleepy down here, but in a very pleasant sort of a way. The weather is a ton better, houses cheaper and the US is a mere 2 min drive. Life is pretty rosy here. Never saw myself in the burbs...but it actually suits me. Having a decent sized house is a plus also. Anyway have to go and mow the lawn.
Old May 29th 2012, 9:13 pm
Beep

no you are right. I actually ended up in the reverse situation...commuting from the north shore to north surrey...hell.. and the mrs was commuting to white rock....the move made sense really.

It's sleepy down here, but in a very pleasant sort of a way. The weather is a ton better, houses cheaper and the US is a mere 2 min drive. Life is pretty rosy here. Never saw myself in the burbs...but it actually suits me. Having a decent sized house is a plus also. Anyway have to go and mow the lawn.
We'll be joining you at some point
Old May 29th 2012, 9:23 pm
Banned

We'll be joining you at some point
To move you mean ?
Old May 29th 2012, 10:55 pm
Beep

To move you mean ?
Yep. Unless you're prepping your BBQ for steak night
Old May 29th 2012, 11:04 pm
Banned

Yep. Unless you're prepping your BBQ for steak night
Just say the word! Lovely sunny day here today. Gives me an all over glow to see the clouds on the north shore