Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

vancouver recce trip day 1...

vancouver recce trip day 1...

Old Oct 17th 2009, 4:38 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: vancouver recce trip day 1...

Originally Posted by __TJ__
did so, it was the last day and wow oh wow ( proper bacon too not that streaky stuff cooked till you could use it as a crow bar). will add photos to the gallery later on, they are all still on my lappy.

i MISS canada. bizarrely i miss the weather, while we were there it was warmer and sunnier than it was here and when we got back its all dreary and drab here. everything, and i mean everything about the uk bugs us now. we dont have a bad life here but we could have it so much better in canada.

oh and the r patz photo is not all its cracked up to be, we were by the penalty box at the pacific colloseum and he was in the box at the top so half a pitch away and the flipping airplane got in on the shot too LOL.
Pretty dreary here right now and likely will be for the better part of the winter months. There are lots of reasons to move and pulls are better than pushes.

Its one thing to fall in love at first sight, but the reality of living is much different than visiting -friends, work, housing, distance from family etc should not be taken lightly.

Not trying to put you off the place, i personally love it here, but it's not without its problems, as anywhere does.

Goodluck
Old Oct 17th 2009, 6:14 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dboy
Pretty dreary here right now and likely will be for the better part of the winter months. There are lots of reasons to move and pulls are better than pushes.

Its one thing to fall in love at first sight, but the reality of living is much different than visiting -friends, work, housing, distance from family etc should not be taken lightly.

Not trying to put you off the place, i personally love it here, but it's not without its problems, as anywhere does.

Goodluck
But its a warm rain today.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 7:40 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Having been stood in it for 4 hys at Seymour Conservation Area while the kids did a bikethon runathon I can attest that it was not that warm! and where is the National Trust tea shop when you need it eh??
Old Oct 17th 2009, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Hi TJ
Thanks for the update, was concerned when there was a gap
with no news from you.that Wayne will get positive
replies from the crane companies.

Yoong
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
But its a warm rain today.
And now the rain has stopped, the sun is out, and it's actually warm outside!
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:37 pm
Banned

sac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lychee
And now the rain has stopped, the sun is out, and it's actually warm outside!
This happened pretty much the second I finished my run round Stanley Park. You know, one of those days where it's clearly going to rain all day, so I might as well just get out there and get it over with. Yeah. Incredible rainbow over Lost Lagoon though.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 11:11 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sac_de_loup
This happened pretty much the second I finished my run round Stanley Park. You know, one of those days where it's clearly going to rain all day, so I might as well just get out there and get it over with. Yeah. Incredible rainbow over Lost Lagoon though.
Yes - this one. Too hungover to run round the park today tho....
Attached Thumbnails vancouver recce trip day 1...-img_3837.jpg  
Old Oct 18th 2009, 12:17 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Rain back!!
Old Oct 18th 2009, 1:36 am

Yes it is! It's now 630 pm and I have not seen rain like this for months, probably not since last winter!

Sure looks like Vancouver's rep as raincity has returned!
Old Oct 18th 2009, 10:43 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

LOL i know, we have been getting dissatisfied with UK for three maybe more years now, this is not a snap decision and we do appreciate that holiday screnario is totally different from real life scenario. unfortunatly the only way we will ever know for sure is to go for it.

am prepared for it being cold, i packed hat, gloves scarf hoodie the whole lot, and wore t shirts every day! i know tho we were lucky with the weather.

am looking into getting into uni in BC for next sept. i will have done 2/5 yrs of my degree by then so should qualify, that would get us the visa ( if i get in) and then dh can get a job with an open work permit, then he can apply for a PR for us all. meanwhile i carry on with a degree i was doing already. just have to see if open university study credits are transferrable.
this of course is the back up plan, we are still trying to get dh a job which is our first line of attack.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 10:54 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

am prepared for it being cold, i packed hat, gloves scarf hoodie the whole lot, and wore t shirts every day! i know tho we were lucky with the weather.
I don't find Vancouver any colder than the UK. I would, however, add waterproof clothing to your list
Old Oct 18th 2009, 2:54 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

waterproof, check
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

waterproof, check
For a quick daily vancouver weather fix, check out www.katkam.ca
Old Oct 18th 2009, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by jad n rich
For a quick daily vancouver weather fix, check out www.katkam.ca
Quite liked the weather today - supposed to be sunny the next few.... !

Last edited by dboy; Oct 18th 2009 at 10:16 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 12:16 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

waterproof, check
and sunglasses. Possibly at the same time. You can drive through torrential rain to glaring sunshine in minutes at certain times of year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.