Reload this Page >

Vancouver Bound!

Vancouver Bound!

Old Nov 30th 2006, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Leeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vancouver Bound!

Hello All,

I am moving to vancouver on the 27th December - less than 4 weeks top go! I am full of excitement and can't wait to get there and start settling in. My partner has a job but i don't so i will be searching when we arrive.

Looking forward to sharing ideas and advice on all the trials and tribulations I am sure that we will encounter.

Leeds
Old Nov 30th 2006, 2:56 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vancouver Bound!

Hi and welcome to forum. Good luck with your move .
PS Dont forget your snow shoes
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Leeds is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sans
Hi and welcome to forum. Good luck with your move .
PS Dont forget your snow shoes

Hi Sans,

I have been wondering what snowshoes are! Can you enlighten me?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:09 pm
Anyone for a brew?

The Edge will become famous soon enoughThe Edge will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Vancouver Bound!

Hi Leeds!

good luck with your move to Vancouver. I am also heading there around the same time as you. Hold on........ It's you I am moving with!!! :scared:

xx
Old Dec 1st 2006, 1:18 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leeds
Hi Sans,

I have been wondering what snowshoes are! Can you enlighten me?
Things you put on your feet to keep them warm and dry
Old Dec 5th 2006, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Rupert W will become famous soon enoughRupert W will become famous soon enough

Well Leeds, we moved from Harrogate earlier this year so have some pretty recent experice to draw on if you like.

I've just started looking back on this site as we are really desperate for good people to work for us. Alberta is hoovering up all the youth and the building trade is taking up everyone else so reliable people are hard to come by but I know that even as a stop gap I'd rather have a Brit than some of the Temps we are getting.

Whether it is working with me (we have a range of roles from unskilled through to Account Management) or elsewhere the really great news for you is that with a bit of networking and decent focus on what you want the economy here is parched for talented and/or reliable people so you need not worry.

Looking forward to hearing more about your move and where you are headed in this area.

All the best

Rupert

Originally Posted by Leeds
Hello All,

I am moving to vancouver on the 27th December - less than 4 weeks top go! I am full of excitement and can't wait to get there and start settling in. My partner has a job but i don't so i will be searching when we arrive.

Looking forward to sharing ideas and advice on all the trials and tribulations I am sure that we will encounter.

Leeds
Old Dec 5th 2006, 4:44 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Rupert W
Well Leeds, we moved from Harrogate earlier this year so have some pretty recent experice to draw on if you like.

I've just started looking back on this site as we are really desperate for good people to work for us. Alberta is hoovering up all the youth and the building trade is taking up everyone else so reliable people are hard to come by but I know that even as a stop gap I'd rather have a Brit than some of the Temps we are getting.

Whether it is working with me (we have a range of roles from unskilled through to Account Management) or elsewhere the really great news for you is that with a bit of networking and decent focus on what you want the economy here is parched for talented and/or reliable people so you need not worry.

Looking forward to hearing more about your move and where you are headed in this area.

All the best

Rupert
Hi Rupert....... Just curious about what it is you do exactly?
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Vancouver Bound!

All the best

Rupert
If you still have any jobs going in October '07 Rupert then give me a shout - I'll be coming back to Canada on another 1 year Working Holiday Visa and will be looking for work in Vancouver for the full year. I'm hardworking, flexible and a quick learner, and would be willing to turn my hand to something new. I applied for SW PR in July '05 so am expecting to hear from CHC London in Summer 2008, probably whilst still out there on the WHV. Can't wait to come back...

Cheers,

Adele
Old Dec 6th 2006, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Print management for large businesses so we have jobs in the warehouse, graphics, bindery, account management. We have a $400M turnover so we're not exactly a fly-by-night enterprise in case you were worried.

Like any business in Vancouver with the rivers and bridges the location (Annacis Island, Delta) is either a selling point or a no-no in terms of commuting but it's a good business and I'm happy to be in it which is always the acid test.

Regards

Hi Rupert....... Just curious about what it is you do exactly?
Old Dec 6th 2006, 8:23 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Print management for large businesses so we have jobs in the warehouse, graphics, bindery, account management. We have a $400M turnover so we're not exactly a fly-by-night enterprise in case you were worried.

Like any business in Vancouver with the rivers and bridges the location (Annacis Island, Delta) is either a selling point or a no-no in terms of commuting but it's a good business and I'm happy to be in it which is always the acid test.

Regards
No not worried just curious. OH a welder no good to you tho
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Not to me but to the construction industry then YES. Shipbuilding is chocker with work for years too. No worries for you.

No not worried just curious. OH a welder no good to you tho
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:34 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Things you put on your feet to keep them warm and dry
Nu-uh ...... snowshoes are those things like tennis rackets you strap to your boots so you can walk on deep snow without sinking in too far.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 11:55 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Nu-uh ...... snowshoes are those things like tennis rackets you strap to your boots so you can walk on deep snow without sinking in too far.
Mmmm I know what you mean but i was thinking at time of furry boots, but never mind . Did you get my PM last wk?
Old Dec 14th 2006, 10:51 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Not to me but to the construction industry then YES. Shipbuilding is chocker with work for years too. No worries for you.

Hopefully.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 2:57 pm
dont be afraid to reply

cov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to all

welcome leeds to the club .
this site is usefull ans vancouver your gonna love it dont forget your waterproofs .(you do have water proofs )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.