Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Value of items to follow question

Value of items to follow question

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

burgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really nice
Default Value of items to follow question

Hi all,
I am curently compiling my list of items to follow for when we land in August, and I noticed on the website it says value of items in canadian dollars is required.

Question 1) is this a generic value, as most goods are a few years old (couches etc).

question 2) how much detail is required for itmes such as CD's (will they laugh at my taste in music if I list individual albums)??

Any info reatly appreciated

Sean
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:45 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Value of items to follow question

don't get that specific

x boxes of cds - total value $y

is enough

if in doubt guess to the best of your ability ,

putting NVC (no commercial value) is also an option
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

burgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really nice

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
don't get that specific

x boxes of cds - total value $y

is enough

if in doubt guess to the best of your ability ,

putting NVC (no commercial value) is also an option
thanks for the info Zoe,
makes things so much easier, as this will apply to my sons toys as well.

regards
Sean
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 6:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

There is info on this in the Wiki - a quick search for 'goods to follow list' will bring it up.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by burgesshead
Hi all,
I am curently compiling my list of items to follow for when we land in August, and I noticed on the website it says value of items in canadian dollars is required.

Question 1) is this a generic value, as most goods are a few years old (couches etc).

question 2) how much detail is required for itmes such as CD's (will they laugh at my taste in music if I list individual albums)??

Any info reatly appreciated

Sean
The value should be how much if bought new as advised by our shipping company when we sent our stuff.......Its so they know how much it would cost to replace. We struggled with photos etc......How can you put a value on that??!! In the end I wrote nothing for the price of those as we couldnt have replaced them. For CDs I averaged them at about 8 GBP each roughly and wrote a total figure.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the info folks, very useful.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

rich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to all

Is this for the goods to follow or for shipping insurance. If it is for shipping insurance, check what the actual replacement cost will be in Canada. If you have to make a claim, they will try to claim you are under insured and try and shaft you on the payout. We are hopefully getting our final payout tomorrow, which will result in a £13000 total being paid, as against their first offer of just over £5000. I worked in insurance claims in the UK, so knew how to play them at their own game.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rich07
Is this for the goods to follow or for shipping insurance. If it is for shipping insurance, check what the actual replacement cost will be in Canada. If you have to make a claim, they will try to claim you are under insured and try and shaft you on the payout. We are hopefully getting our final payout tomorrow, which will result in a £13000 total being paid, as against their first offer of just over £5000. I worked in insurance claims in the UK, so knew how to play them at their own game.
My bad.......This is probably me confusing it!!!......Not reading the question properly I think its for Goods to follow...Sorry!!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rich07
Good to know Rich thanks.
..and if I have any trouble I might call on you for advice if you can get that kind of money ha ha

It is just for the goods to follow at the moment, final move over not imminent, so got some time sort out shpping stuff.