Reload this Page >

V Energy Drink or Red Bull

V Energy Drink or Red Bull

Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:11 pm
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough
Default V Energy Drink or Red Bull

Hello to everyone,

For those of you living in Canada, the V Energy Drink is a Kiwi drink that is so amazing. I was wondering if anyone knows where I may be able to buy this in Canada? Or, is there anywhere in Toronto where you can buy Red Bull???

I really miss this stuff.
Thank you,
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: V Energy Drink or Red Bull

Originally posted by ozinca
Hello to everyone,

For those of you living in Canada, the V Energy Drink is a Kiwi drink that is so amazing. I was wondering if anyone knows where I may be able to buy this in Canada? Or, is there anywhere in Toronto where you can buy Red Bull???

Thank you,
You can't get Red Bull in Canada as they have banned it. We managed to get it until last summer but it was under the table and not legal. It was something to do with the stimulant in it. If anyone knows of any different then please let us know as we miss it too
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:12 pm
#include

simonhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Health Canada has some bizarre rules about allowing drinks such as Red Bull to be sold in this country.

I've had no luck finding any decent alternatives either - The less potent Dark Dog drink was not too bad, but Safeway has since stopped selling it.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:15 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

By law in canada the only drinks you can add caffine to is cola's..

So No energy drinks at the moment in canada.....

No Red Bull or similar.... however you can buy it for personal consumption in the US and bring it back (I think)...
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:42 pm
Happy Canadian PR

Thanks guys, I had tried to find V or Red Bull without luck on my own in Toronto, so now I will stop looking. Any ideas on what is the next best available Energy Drink in Toronto?
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:56 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, I had tried to find V or Red Bull without luck on my own in Toronto, so now I will stop looking. Any ideas on what is the next best available Energy Drink in Toronto?

Tim Hortens............
Old Jul 19th 2004, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough

Liquid Crack Cocaine :scared:
Old Jul 19th 2004, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

wizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud of

If you are that addicted to caffiene that a triple esspresso or a Jolt cola just won't do it then why not just buy some caffeine tablets from a pharmacy and take those when you get the withdrawl symptoms?
Old Aug 17th 2004, 2:54 am
Happy Canadian PR

Exclamation Re: V Energy Drink or Red Bull

Hello Everyone,

I thought I would give you the amazing news that today by complete accident I happened to see a sign outside 'Wayne Gretsky's' in Toronto for Red Bull. We went inside and to our great surprise could see the little cans for sale. They cost $4 which is a bit steep but I am so happy to have found Red Bull and I know there are others out there who will be thrilled with this news too.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ozinca
Hello Everyone,

I thought I would give you the amazing news that today by complete accident I happened to see a sign outside 'Wayne Gretsky's' in Toronto for Red Bull. We went inside and to our great surprise could see the little cans for sale. They cost $4 which is a bit steep but I am so happy to have found Red Bull and I know there are others out there who will be thrilled with this news too.
I've just got back from Ontario and we found quite a lot of Red Bull copies and they had caffeine in them. Can't remember the names of them though. Just before we went away we did find some here in Halifax too and one definate Red Bull but it wasn't carbonated and looked like something you got from the doctor!!! The guy in the store said that they could sell it this way but not carbonated. Can't understand that as we found them carbonated in Ontario! There was one very very close copy called "Spaz juice" (I'm sure this wouldn't be allowed in the Uk!!!lol) but as you say, not cheap.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:44 pm
squarepants

We've seen red bull in a brit store in stratford ontario, but didn't get any, as I was never a big fan of the drink anyway back in the UK, just went for the walkers crisps instead.

If you haven't tried the new one called "salt and shake", you definitely have to try get some.

Originally Posted by ozinca
Hello to everyone,

Thank you,

Old Aug 17th 2004, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by squarepants
We've seen red bull in a brit store in stratford ontario, but didn't get any, as I was never a big fan of the drink anyway back in the UK, just went for the walkers crisps instead.

If you haven't tried the new one called "salt and shake", you definitely have to try get some.

Do you mean the salt and shake crisps??? Can I ask how old you are please as I used to take them to school as a kid!!!!lol
Old Aug 17th 2004, 10:32 pm
squarepants

May be you did, no one is doubting that. A few years ago, there wasn't that flavour around, the closest you got, was ready salted. They must have just re-launched it, in a new packaging, which looks good by the way.

I remember when you use to be able to get hedgehog flavour and all that.

Originally Posted by ukjo
Do you mean the salt and shake crisps??? Can I ask how old you are please as I used to take them to school as a kid!!!!lol

Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by squarepants

I remember when you use to be able to get hedgehog flavour and all that.
omg, how old are you?????lmao
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know this thread kind of died a few days ago but I got all excited in Petes Frootique in Halifax the other day when I found myself stood infront of about 200 cans of Red Bull. This was the proper stuff and no copies. I asked the guy stacking them what the deal was about it all ow and he said that the government have since backed down on their ruling on banning it in this country and its ok to sell it now. I think they were $2.99 each or about $70 for a crate. Needless to say I now have a fridge full and it was good to taste it with vodka again!!! So thank you Pete for getting them in...aswell as the Boost bars!