Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Using Nexus card

Using Nexus card

Old Feb 29th 2020, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

dominiqueincanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Using Nexus card

Now that I’m a Canadian citizenship, I went to my local CBSA office and updated the documents on my Nexus account and also updated them online. I was told by the CBSA agent to get a replacement Nexus card by reporting it as damaged online. I applied for the replacement last week so haven’t got the new one yet. We’re heading to the US tomorrow and was wondering if I can use my current Nexus card or if it would have been deactivated when I applied for the replacement?
Old Feb 29th 2020, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using Nexus card

I think it says somewhere that applying for a replacement deactivates the old one (I looked into this recently because I could never get the sticky stuff off the back of mine).
Old Feb 29th 2020, 2:12 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dominiqueincanada
Now that I’m a Canadian citizenship, I went to my local CBSA office and updated the documents on my Nexus account and also updated them online. I was told by the CBSA agent to get a replacement Nexus card by reporting it as damaged online. I applied for the replacement last week so haven’t got the new one yet. We’re heading to the US tomorrow and was wondering if I can use my current Nexus card or if it would have been deactivated when I applied for the replacement?
I did the same and was told I could not use the old card, which was attached to my British passport. It may take up to 10 - 14 days to come through
Old Feb 29th 2020, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all - guess I’ll be using the regular lanes.
Old Feb 29th 2020, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh the horror of having to use the regular lanes.
Old Feb 29th 2020, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Oh the horror of having to use the regular lanes.
I’m glad you understand 😛