Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Urgently require good realtor for Gatineau/Outaouais

Urgently require good realtor for Gatineau/Outaouais

Old Apr 30th 2011, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Location: In the wilds of Chelsea, Québec but only 15 mins from Ottawa...
Tango Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgently require good realtor for Gatineau/Outaouais

The `brilliant`realor that we have been recommended in Ottawa has just informed us that she cannot cover the Quebec side of things... We are arriving in Ottawa today (by train from Montreal) and were hoping to do some visits to places like Aylmer, Chelsea etc Sunday & Monday. Does anyone have a recommendation for a really good realtor? I think you need to PM me the answer so it doesn`t get deleted from the forum but if you could just reply to this so that that`s what you`re doing, then I will automatically get an email telling me to check my PM, if you know what I mean! Many thanks!
Old Apr 30th 2011, 1:12 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Urgently require good realtor for Gatineau/Outaouais

Cant help directly but has the realtor not recommended anyone in QC?

I could ask a Ottawa realtor I know if they have any contacts in QC if you want.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Lilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JB0591

I could ask a Ottawa realtor I know if they have any contacts in QC if you want.
Can't believe the other agent wouldn't help you. I, personally, think 'good realtor' is an oxymoron. I only ever see them scurrying under rocks. I would recommend grapevine(dot)ca, personally.
Old May 1st 2011, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Location: In the wilds of Chelsea, Québec but only 15 mins from Ottawa...
Tango Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JB0591

Yes, if you could ask them - that would be really helpful. Any leads are good.

The agent can't cover Outaouais because she is only licensed to cover Ontario. She is trying to find someone her friend used to purchase in Chelsea but the friend is out of town for the week....typical!

Thanks for the help....
Old May 2nd 2011, 10:49 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

It may be a bit late now, but Fernande Sirois (Royal LePage) seems to be the hotshot in this region. I've no idea what she's like as a buyers' agent but an awful lot of for sale signs have her name on them. I think her operation is a team of about five people.

Don't be a slave to MLS. Private sale is becoming very popular here (Du Proprio website).

There ain't much for sale in Chelsea. There are not many houses in Chelsea.

Be aware that this is peak house-buying time in QC. Decent houses shift quickly. Very quickly.