Reload this Page >

A United North America?

A United North America?

Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

heycronie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A United North America?

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
Wait till US wants more of your oil. Your best friend again?

Conspiricy theory.

Why open up Alaska's oil fields or use Canada's huge resourses when firstly you need to bleed the middle east dry. Then you are left with those who have the materials left remaining in control. US congress continually oppossed to opening up Alaska even though we could be looking at $80 a barrel.

Is my mind going?
Not sure what your trying to say there??
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:31 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by heycronie
Not sure what your trying to say there??
Canada's closest neighbours are the 270 million inhabitants of the most heavilly armed and aggressive oil hungry nation in the world?

Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Canada's closest neighbours are the 270 million inhabitants of the most heavilly armed and aggressive oil hungry nation in the world?

Eeeeyah, point being... This post is about United North America, not oil revenues.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:51 am
Glaswegian

Eeeeyah, point being... This post is about United North America, not oil revenues.
And why do you think the US would want to unite with Canada ... once all the oil is sucked out of the middle east, you don't think they might want a closer relationship?

The US has a history of bombing people who get between them and their oil supply.

Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

And why do you think the US would want to unite with Canada ... once all the oil is sucked out of the middle east, you don't think they might want a closer relationship?

The US has a history of bombing people who get between them and their oil supply.
Well considering the East had waaaay more oil then Canada, I dont think its prudent to come to that conclusion yet, wouldnt you say?
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:06 am
Glaswegian

Well considering the East had waaaay more oil then Canada, I dont think its prudent to come to that conclusion yet, wouldnt you say?
The Middle East isn't one country ... in terms of national crude oil reserves, the Alberta oil sands puts Canada second to Saudi Arabia in the world league.

If you read your Canadian news you would know that the oil companies are investing a lot of money in figuring out the most efficient way to extract the oil.

Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

The Middle East isn't one country ... in terms of national crude oil reserves, the Alberta oil sands puts Canada second to Saudi Arabia in the world league.

If you read your Canadian news you would know that the oil companies are investing a lot of money in figuring out the most efficient way to extract the oil.
Well the Oil Sands are a LONG way off from being completed. And im talking about the East in terms of Saudia Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, hmm lots of oil.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

And apparently they'll be looking for a lot of skilled tradespeople too.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:14 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by flashman
And apparently they'll be looking for a lot of skilled tradespeople too.
House prices in Fort McMurray are well ahead of Calgary now - it's the new boom town in Alberta.

Old Mar 24th 2005, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

House prices in Fort McMurray are well ahead of Calgary now - it's the new boom town in Alberta.
Doubt it, Calgary is the boom town of Alberta, has been for 5 years now.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 6:05 am
Glaswegian

Doubt it, Calgary is the boom town of Alberta, has been for 5 years now.
Check out MLS ... the money is in Fort McMurray.

A three bedroom single family home in Fort McMurray will cost around $400K ... you can get the same in Calgary for not much over half that.

Incidentally ... you can still buy a bungalow there ...

Can't say I'd want to live in Fort McMurray ... but if you want to make money, it's probably the place to be.

Old Mar 24th 2005, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Check out MLS ... the money is in Fort McMurray.

A three bedroom single family home in Fort McMurray will cost around $400K ... you can get the same in Calgary for not much over half that.

Incidentally ... you can still buy a bungalow there ...

Can't say I'd want to live in Fort McMurray ... but if you want to make money, it's probably the place to be.
Ft Mcmurry, what are you going to get out of their in 5 years, nothing, trust me.. Ive been there. But dont take my advice on it since you dont believe me.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Well the Oil Sands are a LONG way off from being completed. And im talking about the East in terms of Saudia Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, hmm lots of oil.
If it were a never ending drip there would be no need to keep pushing the price up. Its called making hay now while the sun shines. Once middle east is bled US will no longer need to pay lip service to this area. Plenty of fireworks then I wouldn't bet! And I guess we are talking 50 years or so away!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 6:12 am
Glaswegian

Ft Mcmurry, what are you going to get out of their in 5 years, nothing, trust me.. Ive been there. But dont take my advice on it since you dont believe me.
It's a boom town ... when the oil & jobs disappear, it will be a ghost town.

Old Mar 24th 2005, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

It's a boom town ... when the oil & jobs disappear, it will be a ghost town.
Sorry, this isnt the 19th Century, people just dont up and quit, it will become a town, like it or not. Where do you live, Liverpool? now theres a ghost town.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.