Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK visit on Canadian passport

UK visit on Canadian passport

Old Jul 2nd 2016, 10:11 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK visit on Canadian passport

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Sometimes the scanners take ages. I've seen the non EU/UK line move faster. It depends if I have come in just before or after a flight from Malaga!
Yes they can. Try using one when when you've been on a plane all night and your face doesn't look anything like the passport photo!
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 6:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Passport has date of birth on it. Your citizenship can be revoked if you were born in the UK
Originally Posted by Novocastrian
FTFY
Originally Posted by bats
Cheers mate, mind you that lot is better than the previous unedited gibberish what I posted.
I'm afraid that's incorrect. Being born in the UK doesn't make you immune to have your citizenship British revoked. The Home Secretary can revoke British citizenship for anyone if they are "satisfied that deprivation is conducive to the public good", regardless of how they acquired their citizenship, providing it doesn't render that person stateless.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61/section/40
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 8:30 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I'm afraid that's incorrect. Being born in the UK doesn't make you immune to have your citizenship British revoked. The Home Secretary can revoke British citizenship for anyone if they are "satisfied that deprivation is conducive to the public good", regardless of how they acquired their citizenship, providing it doesn't render that person stateless.

British Nationality Act 1981
Oh good. Is this the same Home Secretary who is now viewed as the saviour?

Thought so.